NEW SYSTEM: 3-0: altered by a rookie

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

leftywright

Forum Member
Feb 3, 2005
This is system is going to be similar to Sore Loser's system he recently started posting.

I'm a small timer, so I won't keep track of the +/- units, cause I'm a nickel and dimer, compared to most of you guys. Also, I'll have parlays involving the plays as well. Also, the system is up for your own adjustments, whether you choose to favor the runline or the dog each night. But I will keep track of the record. But here goes:

I take the away favorite to win - 1 1/2
also the home dog on the ML

Usually, it will be around even money or a small + with the road favorite and at least +110, you figure for the home dog. The key here to be careful of, is that the value is there. If that's even possible. Since, I'm just starting this it may be filled with holes.

For example, be sure that the road dog -1 1/2 line isn't more juice than the + on the dog, you can't win!...

Yesterday: my plays would have been

STL -1 1/2 -110 & CIN + 168
CUB -1 1/2 +145 & MIL + 113
BAL -1 1/2 +120 & TOR +116

So, it's technically 3-0.
Today's plays are: :clap: :mj14:

ARI -1 1/2 +115 & SF +130
FLA -1 1/2 +120 & ATL +129

I like ARI more today, so if SF wins, I break even, and if ARI wins by 1, I lose both. But, I may be an ignorant rookie, but it seems if most of these plays are + money, that .500 isn't asking too much to make a profit. Unless the road favorites continually win by one run. :cursin: You can choose to stretch my system; but doing this, in theory with all favorites and dogs, but be careful, home favorites are more likely to win by only ONE run; so I choose to stick to away run favs.

Good luck everyone, thanks for the info. :)

Last edited:

ces

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2005
E of Ball State
A couple of thoughts here. I believe earlier in the year IE posted a 30%+ figure as to home teams winning by 1 run. There was another post that Coors field yielded a very high % of winners if total was 12- or higher and the value was there using your guidelines. Hope this helps. At the time of the Colorado stat, it was 16-0. I used it 3x myself without a loss.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Moose21

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2003
Nashville
June stats

June stats

I was interested in this approach, so I went back and calculated the numbers so far for June. In June, the system would have produced 58 wins and 5 losses for a total of +1.85 units. That might seem hard to believe, but most wins were in the range of $5 - $30 (based upon a $100 wager), and when the system loses you lose $200 (based upon a $100 wager). If you wager $100 on each game, you would have wagered $12,600 and won $185. This is a return of 1.5% for 21 days or 14.3% for the baseball season (I used 200 days). If you wager $100, you would wager $120,000 and win $1,762 for the entire season.

I only used the system when there was a profit to be made either if the road team won by 1.5 runs or if the home dog won. Thus, if one of the dogs is at +100 or if one of teams is a favorite, then I did not consider it a play.

When I have more time, I will go back and calculate May and April, because 21 days is a small sample.

I hope this helps out.

Last edited:

leftywright

Forum Member
Feb 3, 2005
thanks for the responses... im a small timer, so anytime i can have a small edge, I'lll gladly take it. the only extra input that i have is that I will plan to still choose the team that I like more and focus the profit there, and in a sense, just break even if the team i dislike wins.
I appreciate all the info and stats to back it up or tear it apart.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg