Nfl 9/7

Rosey

Forum Member
Jul 1, 2001
Chicago
<b>NFL 9/7

OAKLAND @ TENNESSEE</b>

The Raiders have gone over the set total in four straight road openers and the Titans have exploded on the over in 10 of 13 home openers. The Titans are 12-4 favoring the ?over? vs. non-conference opposition. The Raiders last season scored 93 points on the Titans. You can bet the Titans will be primed to return the favor in 2003. The last time these teams met 65 total points were scored. Look for two explosive offenses led by two explosive QB?s to tee off on each other today.

<b>Take the OVER

HOUSTON @ MIAMI</b>

Miami is 14-2 ATS as chalk at home in South Florida and they are 19-6-1 at Pro Player Stadium ATS since 2000. The Dolphins have scored big time cash for their betting backers winning 10 of 13 at home against conference opposition and at a 21-2-1 ATS versus non-division AFC competition. Miami are 7-0-1 L8 week #1. The Fins are also 9-1 ATS as favs before an away tilt. The Texans enter this game against the Dolphins having struggled in a big way last season, they scored a league low 231 points and their Rookie QB David Carr was smashed and sacked over 76 times. I personally think things will not get much better for them this season. Anybody remember the last time a team went with out a win during an NFL season?

<b>Take Miami (-14)</b>

Alex Smart of Who2beton

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<B>9/7 NFL FREEBIES

ARIZONA VS DETROIT 1:00 EST</B>

The Detroit Lions have themselves a new look, and an actual NFL Coach. The signing of Steve Mariucci was absolutely huge for the Detroit franchise even though it might cost GM Millen a pretty penny. This guys a proven coach, and is leaps and bounds better than what they had the last few seasons. The Lions have a bunch of talent on this squad. Looking deep into the box scores of their games last year showed them to be competitive for the most part. A handful of their losses can mainly be attributed to some poor coaching decisions. How a coach defers in OT is beyond me?LOL. Arizona has lost a majority of its foundation from the past few years, and it?ll be very hard for them to get much of anything going this afternoon ion Motown. The Lions have a solid offense led by soon to be NFL phenom Joey Arrington. The Cards strike back with NFL journeymen Tony Blake. Detroit?s defense will tee off on the Card?s weak attack, and I foresee them putting some points up off TO?s. This is an excellent opportunity for the Lions to get off on the right foot to start the season, and we expect them to take full advantage of it.

<B>RECOMMENDATION: DETROIT (-4)

ATLANTA VS. DALLAS 4:15 EST</B>

The Falcons were dealt a terrible hand in the pre-season with the loss of their stud QB, but I believe this team has come a long way over the L/2 years. I feel they?re a much stronger team than the Cowboys in just about every facet of the game. QB Johnson has proven to be capable in the back up role, and I expect the Falcon offense to still be successful. The Falcons have harped the entire pre-season that they?re not a one-man team. I tend to agree with them, and foresee them putting forth a solid effort on both sides of the ball today. The games count for real now, and they know they?ve got a real good shot if they stick around .500 up until Vicks?s return. This is a very winnable game for Atlanta, and they won?t let this opportunity pass them by.

<B>RECOMMENDATION: ATLANTA (+2?)</B>

Mike Rose of Who2beton

Bet on MyBookie