NFL Suicide Survivor Pools 2008 Discussions

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

canabiz

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2004
Open Field
G'day folks, I didn't see a thread created so here goes...

With less than a week before the start of another NFL Season, I would like to get the balls rolling and invite folks who regularly play (or have an interest in) Survivor/Suicide/Survival/Elimination/King of the Hills Pools to post their thoughts and picks on a weekly basis.

I have changed my approach this year, focusing my attention on a couple of Pools with high stakes rather than spreading myself all over the places (I was in 7 different Pools in one year).

Without further ado, for Week 1 of the season I am looking at the following teams

- Steelers: Houston is improving but to ask them in Steeltown is a lot. Pittsburgh also has the toughest schedule so may as well pick them now.

- Eagles: Rams' D still suspect. McNabb and Co. still got what it takes.

Looking forward to another fun and (hopefully) profitable season.

Good luck to all and remember surviving we shall!

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I'm probably going to take the easy Patriots pick out of the gate. It won't be the last time I go against KC.

Dr. Whitetail

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2004
Raleigh
I was looking at Indy over Chicago or Denver over Oakland. Thoughts???

The guy that won our pool last year picked close games early (got a bit lucky) and had New England and Indy left in week 12 when picks got a bit slim. Different strategy but food for thought.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

budhachi

In Hoc
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2003
Here
:00hour Tennessee first stringers did not have an offensive TD in 19 preseason possesions. :142smilie

I will be going with Jax....

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
I'm probably going to take the easy Patriots pick out of the gate. It won't be the last time I go against KC.

Yeah...I had a quick look today and reckon I can quite happily make it thru wk. 7 not "needing" NE again...

...problem now starts to be if we can trust Cassell/Gutierez!
:scared

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

PETE

Forum Member
Oct 2, 2001
ky/cincy
I would like to get in on one of these king of the hill contest. Are you guys having one here. any info on getting in one would be great.

canabiz

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2004
Open Field
I would like to get in on one of these king of the hill contest. Are you guys having one here. any info on getting in one would be great.

Pete, i remember there was a contest run by a MJ member here last year but I have not see anything so far.

If you are still interested, check out joeyfootball dot com and survivalfootball dot com. I have been playing there for the past 3 seasons and can vouch for their integrity and no-nonsense approach.

Best of luck this season!

PETE

Forum Member
Oct 2, 2001
ky/cincy
canabiz thanks for the heads up. yeah i thought for sure they would have one this year but i guess not. got the itch to get in one this year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

PETE

Forum Member
Oct 2, 2001
ky/cincy
the survival one is sold out. but you said the joeyfootball one is legit? i would like to know how many guys are in it before i send the money didnt really say on the site. But i still might join. thanks again.

budhachi

In Hoc
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2003
Here
Sad but true:scared

but we were just playing close to the vest and not showing anything in preseason:0corn

Not a hater of Tenn, actually like Young and hope they do well, but just helping out for KoH players.....

Good luck!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

canabiz

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2004
Open Field
the survival one is sold out. but you said the joeyfootball one is legit? i would like to know how many guys are in it before i send the money didnt really say on the site. But i still might join. thanks again.

I believe there was close to 3,000 entries last year and at $25 a pop, that is a tidy pot to win. This pool is based in New Jersey I believe, Joey has been around, if you have any questions, just ask him

If you want to gun for the biggie then check out jrwinkle.com. Jack runs the pool from NY state, the pot was close to $600K last year but it is tough as hell, you have to start picking 2 teams in Week 6 or something so I decide to take a pass this year.

Another one that has been around is Ultimate Survival Pool, also out of NY. I have not played there because they dont accept PayPal but it has been around for a number of years.

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
Well, smurphy...I think we're in the box position in our respective comps after getting rid of the suddenly very questionable Pats early! :mj07: