NFL Sunday Ticket Subscribers

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mickstr68

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2000
Deltona, Florida, USA
Seeing I can't get through to a non-automated answering service through DirecTV I thought I'd bring my questions here for those that may use the service- DirecTv is offering Sunday Ticket for the rest of this year and next year for a price that I'm considering taking. The automated answering service claims that you have to have a permanent land telephone line connected to the receiver at all times - IS this true? Two of the TV's I would most likely watch the games on are situated in areas that the line would run across the room and I don't want that. I also don't want to run a new telephone jack for this purpose. Do I just need the line for the initial connection for the service and then I can remove it? Or will I nned to hook the phone line up for each game I want to watch? Also, I have 4 receivers I my house. Will the Sunday ticket come up on all those receivers once the package is ordered or do I need all of those receivers to be hooked up to land lines?

Thanks for all help!

Beebs

Forum Member
Jan 4, 2005
you don't have to be connected to phone line at all just to get service. I have directv tivo and same situation with phone jacks so I just plug it in and call about every 2 weeks to update guide. No tivo and you won't even need to do this.

You will pay 5 bucks for each additional receiver and they will all get whatever programming you order. You can watch different channels in different rooms at the same time.

hope this helps!

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Beebs said:
you don't have to be connected to phone line at all just to get service.

This is correct! The TIVO needs to connect peridocally to upgrade the guide. The telephone line is unnecessary most of the time. Now if you want to order movies or any other PPV, you'll need to hook up the phone line.

As with Beebs, I only hook my phone line up about once a month to initiate a call. I don't order any PPV or movies.

Sunday ticket is separate from any phone connection.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

toastonastick

Forum Member
Nov 25, 2003
Atlanta
I have tivo and have never had a phone line connected. It updates through the sattelite feed. The phone line is only for pay per view orders. The reciever calls in the ppv orders so they can bill you. I can still do PPV I just order online instead with the remote.

BahamaMama

not banned
Forum Member
Dec 6, 1999
Davenport, Iowa
when i had DTV i never plugged it into a phone line. if i wanted to order PPV, did it online instead of by remote control.

edit: oops, guess toast just covered that online ordering thing :)

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE HITMAN

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
HOLLYWOOD, FL
No p[hone line here, either.....................I don't know why they word it like that. I've seen the wording, too, and wondered what everyone else was getting that I wasn't because I wasn't "hooked up".

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
toastonastick said:
I have tivo and have never had a phone line connected. It updates through the sattelite feed. The phone line is only for pay per view orders. The reciever calls in the ppv orders so they can bill you. I can still do PPV I just order online instead with the remote.

Eventually, your system will sloooow down and changing between stations will be noticably slower without periodic updates. Also, updates come through the phone lines for guide selections, especially specials that aren't listed in the normal TV guide.

Does anyone know of "pirate cards" that will unlock PPV or other blackout programs?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bigdad2

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2001
NJ, USA
This is supposedly true because Direct TV is hurting badly as a result of Katrina knocking out tens of thousands of subscribers in the South. There is a deal with the NFL and the network that they must pay a certain amount and are WAY behind schedule. It is not a hoax and I've been telling lots of people about this since I was contacted. Sign up now

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg