NFL Survivor/Suicide Pools Week 4 Discussions & Picks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

canabiz

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2004
Open Field
Here we go again fellas. I hope y'all got to live another week!

Week 3 has just come to an end. I lucked out with Miami winning a very ugly game. Almost half of my pool is gone. Things should be kicking into high gears in the next few weeks!

For Week 4, i am looking at the following:

Kansas City Chiefs: Somewhat a no-brainer here unless someone else talks me out of it: Chiefs come off a bye, San Fran hurting with Davis out and Gore questionable. Chiefs has to win now, lots of tough games ahead.

Philadelphia: I would love to save the Philly for later on but push comes to shove, i'd take the Eagles here. Brett Favre has good records on MNF but I don't see how the Packers can pull out something next week.

Dallas Cowboys/St. Louis Rams/Cleveland Brows...all candidates for now, somewhat scary picks but I'll have to dig deeper and see what they have in store for us.

If you have a strong lean either way, let's hear it!

Good luck to all as always and Surviving we shall!

genosays

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2001
Kansas City
Not sure if I would take the Chiefs in this spot .... even coming off a bye they are still trying to find an identity and have Damon Huard at QB until Trent Green can come back .... even though Huard looked OK vs. Denver wouldn't want to rely on him or this KC team right now .... you are right that they do have to win, but can they?? IMO you might be able to sneak out one with the Rams as Detroit doesn't seem to have it this year .... Eagles or Cowboys would be easier (I think), but if you want to save them for later??? Good luck this week.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Tenpin832

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2006
Michigan (west side)
I like Atl against Arz starting a rookie QB in his first start and on the road

Jax,Dal and KC are others I'm looking at

went with Car last week :scared

Jayhawk_Thor

Rock Chalk
Forum Member
Dec 26, 2004
Lawrence, KS
Don't worry about the idiot, canabiz. He wins one play and turns into a tout.

I will probably be on KC here, too. SF has been frisky this year... as they were last year... but KC is just going to keep this thing on the ground and let Johnson win it for them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dice34

Off parole
Forum Member
Dec 18, 2004
D.O.C.
I'll jump in with you guys here.......Ive used AZ, Balt and Miami so far.....

Philly, Car and Dal(away) are the teams I'm leaning towards.......

canabiz

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2004
Open Field
I like Atl against Arz starting a rookie QB in his first start and on the road

Jax,Dal and KC are others I'm looking at

went with Car last week :scared

Ten, i don't know if I could put my $$$ on Vick and Co. just way too unreliable

and FYI, Warner is still the starter for Sunday

I am also looking at Carolina as well.

wufdude

Forum Member
Dec 4, 2000
Fuquay Varina, NC
Don Wallace needs to get the hell on and quit screwing up a good thread.

I was actually toying with the idea of a Houston play. I know, I know it's crazy but my pool has a buyback option until Week 4 so I'm considering rolling the dice. Obviously I'd never play them any other time so I was thinking of maybe using them here.

I was also thinking STL. I've used Ariz, Balt and Miami.

Best of luck to all--

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

snoozer

Forum Member
Aug 5, 2004
Berkley, MI
I do not like picking a team that hasn't won, they are desperate and can pull off the upsets. I iwould stay away from STL, they have a tendancy to blow games they should win. Their offense has looked like garbage, where detroits looked decent last week.

Dallas makes me nevous because of all the TO stuff, but I think they should win.

I like the chiefs.. think they will play solid D, give the ball to LJ and keep SF in check. That place is tough to win at, especially with a young team.

Also like Carolina, Smith is getting healthier and think the Saints have a letdown after MNF.

Normally, I would take Philly, but I am staying away from Favre in primetime. I still think Philly will win, but I think there may be better spots for them.

canabiz

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2004
Open Field
I do not like picking a team that hasn't won, they are desperate and can pull off the upsets. I iwould stay away from STL, they have a tendancy to blow games they should win. Their offense has looked like garbage, where detroits looked decent last week.

Dallas makes me nevous because of all the TO stuff, but I think they should win.

I like the chiefs.. think they will play solid D, give the ball to LJ and keep SF in check. That place is tough to win at, especially with a young team.

Also like Carolina, Smith is getting healthier and think the Saints have a letdown after MNF.

Normally, I would take Philly, but I am staying away from Favre in primetime. I still think Philly will win, but I think there may be better spots for them.

snoozer I am saving the Eagles for Week 11 where they host Vince Young and the Titans in Philly. That weekend also happens to be for my wedding reception (did the ceremony in August abroad) so i can just submit the Eagles and forget about the rest!

Again in this business, there is no point saving any team if you don't get to move on to next week. That being said, i have narrowed down my choices this week to the following 3 puppies: Chiefs, Cowboys and Panthers.

I was looking at the Rams and the Browns earlier but have scrapped them. Too much of a crapshoot there.

And it's just too much at stake now (half of my pool is gone) to try something *different* or *cute*, so to speak. Good luck with the Texans wufdude, but I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole. I was really hoping that they would stay close last weekend vs. a struggling 'Skins team but after watching that performance, I don't know if Houston can win a game this season :(

GL to all survivors, i can honestly say that these kinds of threads have helped me *survive* longer than what I normally would expect :)

Last edited:

wufdude

Forum Member
Dec 4, 2000
Fuquay Varina, NC
"Good luck with the Texans wufdude, but I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole."

that's all I needed to hear buddy...I think I may follow the lead and stick with KC this week.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg