NHL Picks Thursday

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Another big card today. I like these tonight:

SJ/CHI Ov 5 (-115) 1.15 to win 1
The over is 3-1 in SJ away games this year and is 3-1 in CHI last 4. Both offenses are averaging close to 30 shots per game, and CHI goalies have a save percentage of around 86%. The SJ defense is allowing close to 3 goals a game and CHI avg over 3 a game. The wild card is Nabokov who has been good on the road so far. Hope we don?t have push on this.

BOS ML (-120) 1.2 to win 1
BOS has been very good at home, albeit vs. inferior competition aside from WASH. They are back at home after a forgettable road trip with an improved team after the trade. They played TOR very tough the other night losing 2-0 on an empty netter and a questionable 1st period goal after a phantom whistle. Boston has the NHL's best Penalty kill at 94% and I am trying to find confirmation that Cujo is out tonight. If so I like it more.

COL -.5 (-165) 1.65 to win 1
It is a lot to lay I know, but without Cassels or Bertuzzi I don?t see how VAN stays in this game at all. Should be an interesting game after the fireworks in the last one in VAN. Revenge time for COL I think after the 4-0 spanking they took. Roy is supposed to be back tonight.

STL -.5 (-160) .8 to win .5
Until NYR shows they have any defense, I will usually play against them against a decent offensive team like STL. NY avg almost 3.5 goals against per game! I also like STL being at home. They are averaging 30 shots and 3 goals a game and the defense is giving up only 22 shots per game. They need a better effort from their goalies. Hoping they get one tonight. I took this one smaller mainly because I don?t like to risk more than 5 units in 1 night, not because I like it any less than the others.

Good luck. On the year 25-12-3 +5.96 Units

Bet on MyBookie