NHL Season Is Over

Tiger

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
In the final game of the year, this forum pretty much did what became commonplace so many times this year and handicapped the hell out of it. We saw 8 wins and just 4 losses posted for a "Madjack Team" winning percent of 66.7%. Outstanding work by all, not just last night but over the course of the entire year.

These forums were always supposed to be about sharing..........sharing info, sharing betting strategies, and sharing opinions, not just a place to list your daily wagers and I think this forum more than any of the others accomplished those goals, and that was one of the biggest reasons why it was such a success.

For me personally, I would like to first thank IE for allowing me the pleasure to post at NHLcapper for the first half of the season until work commitments made it impossible to continue. I would also like to thank Jack for allowing me to continue with these daily diatribes of mine called the Recaps. They are just my way of contributing and giving back to a great site that I have gotten so much from.

And lastly, I would like to thank ALL of the great puck posters who made this year so successful in here. I'm not going to name any of you because I don't want to leave anyone out and because you all know who you are anyway. But right from the guys who posted everyday, all the way to the guys who only posted once in a while, you made this a great place to visit each and every day. So take a bow and please accept my thanks!!

Final 2001 NHL Leader Board................

jigs....2-0...Great calls
kcwolf...2-0...Tremendous year
DaManSports...2-0...Fine work DMS
djconn...1-0...Glad you came aboard

See you back here in September,
Tiger

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
Tiger - thank you for taking the time to do the daily recaps, not only here but on the other forums. I know it always made my day to see my name on the leader board.

Keep picking those winnahs...
smile.gif
IP

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
another year done for hockey. congrats tiger on the recap and I enjoyed reading other hockey fans in this forum.
Congrats to the Avs.
only a few more months until next year.
thanks
selkirk

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
Tiger,

My thanks also for all the work you do - most times to unappreciated. I can't imagine how many hours you have put in.

In closing, any success I have in wagering is a direct correlation to this great website and all its great contributors.

Thanks to each and everyone of you!

kcwolf

Dr Feelgood

StonedPimp
Forum Member
Feb 3, 2001
Las Vegas
Many Thanks to you as well Tiger. Until we meet again (in about 5 months), have a great summer everyone!!!!!!

--DF

scrubbo

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
charlotte, nc, usa
I didn't come to the "penalty box" until the Stanley cup had already begun. This forum is great and I hope to be more involved next season. Thanks to all.

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
Thanks for the great job Tiger.
even though i came in three months late into the NHL season i learned alot about capping games and had a wide plethora of opinions and viewpoints that made this forum awesome.
I'm looking forward to capping my first full season in NHL.
To all my new friends I've met and made on this forum, let's enjoy the bases and football and then it's back to NHL 2001-2002.

Have a good one guys.
from me, T-V
AKA: TORONTO-VIGILANTE.

EXTRAPOLATER

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
Toronto
Great work, Tiger!

I had a helluva time reading and writing posts in this forum, especially for the "real" season that we just witnessed. Most of my action is in the bases, but I agree that this forum was probably the best place for discussion of opinions, camraderie, etc.
Maybe its due to less action in this forum, as hockey typically doesn't generate the same enthusiasm for viewership or for wagering action (the latter I can understand), that we became a little more of a closer-knit family (if I can be so bold), but I'd love to start experiencing more of what we had here over in the baseball forum. I'm sure that many of you will be frequenting that forum often, so...
let's rock this place!

I'm sorry to see another fine hockey season end, but another is quickly approaching...and besides...
God Bless the Coming of Football Season!

Thanks to all for making my Madjack's membership an enjoyable experience!
We shall meet again soon.
Extrapolater

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Thanks to all for making the Penalty Box the greatest place to post at MadJack's - I think I'm not learning anything to anybody here when I say that a few people from other forums have a lot to learn from this place - and see you next year - if I can survive in the off-season..

I took that Devils lost like a man. I gotta say I'm pretty proud of the way I took the loss. I had so much money hedged - straight futures, straight bets, series bets, propositions.. - that I technically had over 50% (!!) of the bankroll on the game. Now few accounts are down to 0, some others are over-refilled.. time to transfer some money (fun fun) and be ready for the next season. I think I'm gonna take the summer off this time (no baseball capping). The one thing I really needed was to sleep and I slept for about 15 of the last 24 hours and now I feel like a new man.

Believe me when I say that I'll come back stronger than ever next year. I allready have new features in mind to add in my handicapping system and I'll also try to write more about futures as future bets are the only reason why I made a very slight overall profit this year, and made very interesting money with futures for the 3rd straight year. Would have been much sweeter with a Devils win but time to turn the page. Season over! Congrats to Patrick Roy (we can hate him, but the guy is still amazing after 15 years), Ray Bourque and the rest of the Avalanche, and all you Avs backers (even you MPD
smile.gif
)

Have a great summer all!

Subagoto

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
Virginia
none
Hey, guys. I stumbled on to this forum about a week ago and watched you folks through the end of the finals. I was impressed by the knowledge, class, dignity and grace displayed by everyone here. It is interesting that NHL forums are often like that. I have found it to be that way on both wagerline and freewinners this year where I was heavily involved to the point of distraction!
biggrin.gif
I hope you all will be around next year, and won't mind if I become a frequent visitor and contributor here too. Try to "enjoy" the offseason. God I hope the Caps can somehow sign Joe Sakic!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Subagoto (edited 06-11-2001).]

Mr. Promises Delivered

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 1, 1999
New York
Originally posted by katts:
Thanks to all for making the Penalty Box the greatest place to post at MadJack's - I think I'm not learning anything to anybody here when I say that a few people from other forums have a lot to learn from this place - and see you next year - if I can survive in the off-season..

I took that Devils lost like a man. I gotta say I'm pretty proud of the way I took the loss. I had so much money hedged - straight futures, straight bets, series bets, propositions.. - that I technically had over 50% (!!) of the bankroll on the game. Now few accounts are down to 0, some others are over-refilled.. time to transfer some money (fun fun) and be ready for the next season. I think I'm gonna take the summer off this time (no baseball capping). The one thing I really needed was to sleep and I slept for about 15 of the last 24 hours and now I feel like a new man.

Believe me when I say that I'll come back stronger than ever next year. I allready have new features in mind to add in my handicapping system and I'll also try to write more about futures as future bets are the only reason why I made a very slight overall profit this year, and made very interesting money with futures for the 3rd straight year. Would have been much sweeter with a Devils win but time to turn the page. Season over! Congrats to Patrick Roy (we can hate him, but the guy is still amazing after 15 years), Ray Bourque and the rest of the Avalanche, and all you Avs backers (even you MPD
smile.gif
)

Have a great summer all!

tongue.gif

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
Just adding my thanks too; personally to Tiger first for all the effort he puts in daily, and secondly, to all the fine cappers that have graced the forum.
Agree, the NHL forum does seem to have a different "feel" to it from some of the other higher traffic forums.
That's why I invite you all down to have a look at the "Off the Wall" forum if you haven't already.
Same friendly atmosphere as a group of solid cappers discuss theories, thoughts and plays on sports such as rugby, Australian Rules football, rugby, tennis, boxing, soccer etc.
It's all I'm concentrating at present as I found doing baseball daily just too damn taxing. With most match-ups in this forum, you have a week to 'cap games and can chew over things nicely before posting plays. Would love to see some of you guys pop in.
Thanks again for a fun season; maybe next season it'll be even better as the Leafs take it all
biggrin.gif

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
Haven't been over here since the end of the playoffs, but I do want to say thanks to everyone for contributing solid NHL information. I'm definitely looking forward to this offseason (hoping the Stars and Gainey can pull out the checkbook and sign a big name or two). I will also be in eager anticipation of next season so we can all stick it to the bookmakers again! Toke it easy
smile.gif

Bet on MyBookie