NHL SUNDAY:

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
Still on a hot streak over the last few weeks and not doin too bad in the POD's either:

some tough games on the sched, but that's why i'm here doin this..

1) PENS vs NJ: Pittsburgh a bit on a cold streak here as the "MARIO LEMIUEX SHOW" seems to have hit a snag and is slowly being derailed just before the playoffs...NJ, their motto is not only "NO FEAR" now, but "NO FEAR and DESTROY". NJ scoring an average of 5 goals a game on their recent unbeaten run, and now even "VON BEEZER" (he's german, you know...hahahah) is getting in on the action...it seems to be contagious..!! Watch the BIG RED SCORING/DEFENSIVE MACHINE take out the "MARIO LEMIEUX SHOW" as NJ makes a statement tonite as they tune up for the playoffs.
Taking the DEVILS -.5 (-180)

2) VANCOUVER/MINNY :
Naslund out for the season, and Vancouver slowing down as the playoffs appear, Minny playing great defense at home the WHOLE season (remember that for next year cappers and take advantage of the +1.5 that's been givin to the WILD all this season...)
WILD havings problem scoring (what do you expect when you play the trap???) I hope to see a nice, tight checking game and Todd Bertuzzi will hopefully run all over the WILD. Vancouver just has too many offensive weapons to counter Minny's D-fense.
Taking Vancouver -.5 (-110) and the UNDER 5.5

3) BOSTON/RANGERZ: well, here we go again, which rangerz team will show up..? the one that beat Ottawa in ottawa or the stkiner club that they have been all season long...?
Boston needs these games as they are fighting for their playoff lives...I don't expect them to disappoint. NY's D is horrible and so's their o. I expect Boston to come out flying in this game. But I expect a better effort from NY to avenge yesterday's pittiful effort. I'm looking at a 3-2 score with an empty netter, hence, 4-2.
TAKING BOSTON -.5 (-120) and the UNDER 6.5

i'll be back for more soon enough.

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
4) Isles vs Phoenix : check the POD (play of the day in Mr.Mo's thread, for all you newbies..)

5) CALG/ CHICAGO : both teams played like crap yesterday and hopefully will play better today as Chicago is playing for pride. Surprisingly Chicago has scored more goals and given up LESS goals than the hapless Flames.
taking chicago -.5

6) the game of the nite!!!
ST.LOO at Dallas : Looks like with McInnis back, the Blues seemed to have found their scoring touch...but then again, look at Dallas, they seem to be turning up a notch just before playoff time and they seem to be firing on all cylinderz even without Joe Nieuwendyk (will this guy EVER be healthy..??), Belfour is day to day with "back stiffness..." (hey, where's the A5-35????). Dallas are no offensive slouches either as Hull seems to have turned it up a notch as the STARZ are averaging about 4 goals over their last 5 games...and the defense is giving up about .80 goals a game over the last 5. and the 6th game was a 3-0 win over chicago, so you do the math...
Looking at the history of these two teams, other than the last game (which was a tie..) there seems to be a decisive winner in the last ten games played between the two teams so logic dictated that there WILL be a winner tonite in this matchup. And since the Blues played last nite and are in back to back jacks, I like Dallas to win this one.
taking DALLAS -.5 (-150)

------------------
Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.
"Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out."

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TONITE.
TORONTO-VIGILANTE.

[This message has been edited by TORONTO-VIGILANTE (edited 03-25-2001).]

Dimmu

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2001
TV, nice info here. I like the VAN pick, seems like it has lots of value...i suppose it would bit more expensive if Naslund was still around, but i think the team will pull together here with Edmonton nipping at their heels - they need this game and they have the speed to beat the MIN trap.

Also like Chicago...stick a fork in Calgary, they are so done. Only 8 more games then you can hit the links boys...
Good luck today!

Dimmu

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2001
BTW TV,

your POD pick has the wrong ml listed...should be +145, not -145 i believe.

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
TONTO

With you on VANCOUVER. The 4 previous games have been a minimum of 5 goals scored, so I am laying off the UNDER.

Am considering OVER in the CAL/CHI game. Whatcha think?

The Lone Ranger

"Caveat Emptor"

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
DIMMU, thnx for pointing out my error on my POD,just in the middle of doin my taxes and i'm a bit distracted today...I owe ya one.
smile.gif

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
How now....??? hahahahaha
Lone Ranger (ICE PICKS), as much as i hate Over/unders with teams that are staggard I would actually pick the under in the Calg/Chic game cause calg got smoked last nite and might want to turn back to a defensive style of play, and being back to back jacks, they might want to conserve their energy a bit..But on the other hand, they hate their new coach and might just be playing out the rest of the season....like they've been doin since mid-October.

Dumbassus! Hottie iste transvestitus!" --
"Fool!That gorgeous woman is a crossdresser!"
eek.gif

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
RECAP:

1)Pitts end NJ winning streak at 13. Well, gents, i knew 13 was an unlucky number...but i stiull have NO idea how the Pens won that game...gonna listen to the highlites..
record: 0-1

2) minny/vancouver 2-2 tie as Vanc blew the lead early in the third. I'm still pissed off at Todd Bertuzzi, being the power forawrd as he is, it's time for him to step up and take charge of the team. got the under 5.5 though.
record: 2-1

3) Calgary beats Chicago 3-1 close game, an away team comes in and beats chicago,who is normally supposed to play well at home...
go figure.
record : 2-2

let's hope the rest of the nite goes well..and that the ISLES cover the spread against the KAI-YOTES..!!

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
recap, part deux:

4) Boston squeaks by NY Rangerz 3-2.
..hmmmmphhh!!! no empty-netter.
got the win AND the under.

record 4-2

just looking at the Dallas/st.LOO game...darn, i didn't know Nieuwendyk was playing again????

[This message has been edited by TORONTO-VIGILANTE (edited 03-25-2001).]

Tiger

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
I've got your Sunday card at 4-4 TV, check your Vancouver pick, that's why you didn't get the kudos in the recap.

Good luck today,

Tiger

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
good call Tiger...
I'm getting REALLY distracted lately after finishing my vacation, going back to three jobs...AND working on my taxes..(ARG!!)
you're right. had VAN at -.5 and they tied.

record should be 4-4. therefore no kudos.

glad to see you're checking up on me.

Bet on MyBookie