Nice delemma .. question inside

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

azjeff

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
I have a wager of Kansas 1000 to win 1840. Now they are favored by 5 at pinnacle with georgia tech having a ML of +193

question is... should i play GT ML either winning 840 if kansas wins or 930 if GT wins

or should i take the +5 -04 with a chance of winning 2840 if it falls within the 5 or winning 820.00 if kansas wins by more than 5 or breaking even should GT win the game outright?

All comments welcome.. thanks

IX_Bender

Forum Member
Had to read this a few times to get what youre saying.

I take it that you took KANSAS at +184 to win the bracket earlier this week?

Most bettors here will tell you to hedge your 1k and get some guaranteed return, but I believe gambling is a risk/investment and its a game you play for keeps. A dime to a college kid might be his whole account for the sports season, to a corporate CEO it might be something he threw down for fun on an idle Tuesday in between rounds of the NCAA tourney. Point is, dont let that affect how you play the game.

Have you handicapped the game itself? What you think can and will happen in the game has EVERYTHING to do with how you play this. Obviously you liked Kansas enough to throw one large on them, has your perspective changed? Why? Did you see something in the two games last night that might alter your initial perception?

If not Id stick with my guns and not risk a big-payoff middle that most players jump for.

If youre unsure and think GT can take it, play the Wreck on the ML.

Dont let the finances and numbers take away from the handicapping. Thats rule number 4. GL whatever you decide.

azjeff

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
Sorry, now that i read what I wrote. it is a bit confusing. yes I have kansas to win the regional +184.

The thing that scares me is the 100 points that kansas put on the board.. are they spent now? and the injury to GT's top scorer. Does GT come out inspired or does the injury hurt them? alot of intangibiles.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
To each his own but to me you have to get some guaranteed return. If you like KU just dont hedge as much. But make sure you get something.

mjalam

Forum Member
Jan 30, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Sun Tzu said:
To each his own but to me you have to get some guaranteed return. If you like KU just dont hedge as much. But make sure you get something.

i agree with what he said

THE HITMAN

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
HOLLYWOOD, FL
I concur...........hedge so that you are sure of getting something, even if it is only a nice dinner out. Then re-cap the hell out of the game & let that decide which way you lean. GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg