Nisl vs Chic NEED HELP

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
From here and there?.
The Hawks were the NHL's highest-scoring team earlier in the season but they have scored just 22 goals in the 10 games.
The key to their latest victory was scoring the first goal and stopping the opponent?s power play.

The Blackhawks' record (12-9-7-0) suggests they're much improved over last season, but are they really? Recent results suggest they might be headed in the wrong direction.

-The Hawks have scored just 19 goals in their nine-game tailspin.

-The power play, which had been improving, is 2-for-16 in the last eight games.

-The penalty killers have lingered at or near the bottom of the NHL for weeks

We're going through a time where we're not scoring,'' coach Brian Sutter said Sunday before cancelling a scheduled practice. ''Every team goes through it. When the puck's not going in the net, you can't make many mistakes. We're not making many, but the ones we do make end up killing us. "We're competing, but we're doing a lot of little things to make us lose,"
The Islanders still need some fine-tuning, which is evident by their inconsistency over the past month. But what you can?t over-look is that during this lull, when some key players aren?t, as general manager Mike Milbury put it, "pulling their weight," they?ve still found ways to win.
Two teams playing bad, one finding ways to loose the other one finding ways to win.
In case you're wondering how Tony Amonte and Steve Sullivan's goal production compares to last year's pace, they're lagging behind. Amonte, with 10 goals after 29 games, had 14 a year ago in the same number of games while Sullivan, with 7, also had 14 at this time last season.
The New York Islanders try to end a 10-game, 11-year winless streak in Chicago
CHI is 8-1-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
Chicago is unbeaten (6-0-2) in the last eight meetings.
Blackhawks are 22-5-7-0 in their last 33 games against the Islanders.
The Blackhawks, 10-1-3-0 at home this season.
All of these are going in favor of Chicago but I?m taking past years performance as not being a strong factor.
I have to admit in this case they go strongly in favour of Chicago.
---------------------------------------------NYI are 16-8-4 ATS this season.
The Islanders are 9-4-1 ATS on the road this year.
CHI is 10-1-3 ATS at home this year.
---------------------------------------------

NYISL on ?0? day rest 5-1
The Hawks are 10-3-5 on one days rest this season.

---------------------------------------------
Chicago offensive has been sleeping recently.
In their last 11 games they have score 2 goal or less in 54% of the games.
4 goals against Minnesota and 3 against Vancouver, 3 against an injure Montreal team and an impressive 4 against Detroit.

Nyisl when allowing 2 goals or less 8-2
Nyisl when allowing 3 goals or more 4-6

Chicago when scoring 2 goals or less 1-5
Chicago when scoring 3 goals or more 13-
The record for both teams playing in this situation is giving an edge to nyisl.
---------------------------------------------On the other side Nyisl off is also slow scoring an average of 1.75 goals in last 4 games.
Over the last 11 games 54% of their games went for 3 goals or less and only 3 games went for more than 3 goals. Never this season Nyisl has been limited to so few goals in consecutive games.
Chicago when allowing 3 goals or less 10-3
Chicago when allowing 4 goals or more 2-6

Nyisl when scoring 2 goals or less 3-6
Nyisl when scoring 3 goals or more 13-1

Leaning toward one play but I will need more input on this one could use some help to clarify my lean.
smile.gif

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
a few comments frogy, yes the isles havent been scoring but they did just come off a physical home and home series with the flyers..also note that their coach had not been happy with the play of isbister and czerkawski(and kvasha) which is partly why two new members were called up before last game, kvasha and czerkawski even met with the coach in his hotel on Wed(hopefully no funny business)..he wanted to get everyone's attention, well czerkawski had 2 goals last night, so maybe it worked..osgood should be in net for NYI..
ny vs. western conference this yr have been over 5 goals 3 times, under 3 times and at 5 goals twice...also osgood might be wearing some brand new pads tonight, so watch for juicy rebounds
Chi really has been slumping, their lack of a back-up goaltender continues to haunt them, thibault is simply logging too many minutes in my opinion and is having trouble staying on top of his game..however their home record cannot be ignored plus the isles are playing back to back and 3rd in 4 days...i do not believe the refs have any glaring stats for this one, martell is right in the middle..watson the other ref does have a 5.49 goals per game average--

on 0 days rest, NYI average 3.16 goals for and 2.50 against..however as road dog they average 2.62 for and 1.25 against so far...

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 12-07-2001).]

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
MAKING THIS AN OVER PLAY.

would have played NYISL but too many good capper on chic, not enough confidense on my stats, this is a pass on side for me.

Bet on MyBookie