NIT - Monday

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
0-2 start for the season from Thursday...Unable to post Friday but was able to hit both totals. Liked Temple and Florida but did not play as Arizona's inspired play and Maryland's Jeckle/Hyde routine scared me off both plays...Good thing, too.

Tonights Plays

Det +11' - Michigan State lost alot of scoring as everyone knows but has some good youngsters (especiallly Torbert) to pick up some of the slack. Titans lose Phillips but return 4 starters and 11 letterman. The key to this game is the loss of rebounders for MSU. Izzo's teams have always been great rebounders and Coach Tom will eventually find the right mix to control the boards. Detroit has the experience on the boards and that should be enough to keep them close enough for a cover.

Syracuse -13 and -6' first half - Even with the loss of Edelin, the Orangemen have enough talent and more importantly, size to handle the Jaspers. Manhattan needs to have great guard play to keep this close which will be tough with the Carrier Dome crowd. Syracuse should control the paint and the boards for an easy victory. My only issue with this game is everytime I bet on Syracuse, they choke for me...and I can't stand Boeheim.

Wake Forrest -7 first half - Prosser takes over the helm for the Demon Deacons and has a decent core of players. I see this game as Wake getting an early lead with the home court advantage with the Seahawks playing tough and battling back after the half. Don't like either side on the game line but going with a trend I have been keeping on highly favored teams doing better against the first half line than against the game line.

GL to All

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Adding

Oklahoma -11 first half
Arkansas -12 first half

I started keep stats on large chalk teams vs first half line and found it to be a good play hitting somewhere in the 58%-63% range. I do not have the stats on my as I am on the road and they are at home but I will post them if there is any interest.

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
3-2 for the night...

Detroit wouldn't go away and covered...Syracuse got off to a slow start but easily handled Manhattan...Wake started extremely slow, fought back and was ahead by I believe 11, only to give it back (fouling a 3 point shot with 1 sec on shot and 4 on game clock. 3 free thows made and them come back to hit a three to lose half line by a point...Oklahoma goes scoreless for 5 minutes but still was up by 11 with 3 or so minutes to go and let C.Conn.St. back in...Arkansas played even with Maine for a while then turned on the burners...

3-2 tonight...3-4 season...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg