NJ ends it today!

Dimmu

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2001
That's what I thought about Game 5!!
smile.gif

Seriously though, what kind of a game will this be? Will Carolina continue to be able to shut down the Devils offensively? Will Irbe continue to play superlatively? Or will NJ return to the lopsided wins of the early games in this series....I don't know, but NJ-1.5+115 sure looks attractive, I really see Larry tightening the screws on his team telling them how close they are to blowing it. "Remember what the Cup feels like boys, remember??" I think the Devs will be well motivated now, they will take their opponent seriously, for a change.

GL2A

[This message has been edited by Dimmu (edited 04-22-2001).]

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
I have to agree on NJ.

Question for all you hockey cappers: I only play during the quest for the Cup. I'm not a fan of run lines in MLB, I would think NHL would be tougher.

I would think NJ -145 on the moneyline would be the better play. Fill this dummy in on your thinking. Thankyou.

Also considering the over???

kcwolf

Dimmu

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2001
-145 would be a steal. Still feel there is a decent probability of NJ winning by two...although the more I think about this game the more trouble I have with laying the 1.5 on the road. It just looks too easy, if you know what I mean.

The under 5.0-115, on the other hand, now that is looking good to me right now. All the games in this series have hit 5 goals or less. With both teams continuing to employ major neutral-zone clogging techniques, and with the continuing good play of the two goalies, I think we have good reasons to play the under.

[This message has been edited by Dimmu (edited 04-22-2001).]

Dr Feelgood

StonedPimp
Forum Member
Feb 3, 2001
Las Vegas
first game was 6 goals (NJ 5-1)

I have NJ -300 to complete a 6 team parlay from yesterday.

I hope they pull it out today.

Dimmu

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2001
Of course, how silly of me. Thx for the correction. Still like the under though.

GL2A

-Dimmu

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
kcwolf - Don't ever lay 1.5 goals in the playoffs; that's a killer... unless you parlay with the over - if the total is 5 or 5.5 ... but even that..

Forum Member
Katts, have to disagree... How many times have i seen a team leading by one and add one late in the empty net! NJ should win this one EASY by at least two goals but if there are ahead with just one at the end of the game Carolina will certainly add another player and not within 30sec from the end of the game but probably around 2 min before the end so plenty of time for an empty net goal! Anyhow!

GLTA
biggrin.gif

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
What you need to know about empty netters (I've been studying that for 2 years now):

It happens less than 1/3... some will even say 1/4, but I'll stick with my "less than 1/3".

Note that this might change a bit during the playoffs.. Didn't study the trend for this specific part of the season.

Globally, you can expect about 0.3 e.n. goals per minute in these situations.

You can't really count on an empty netter to cover the 1.5 spread, allthough it's effectively an important aspect to consider when evaluating the odds.

But anyways, if the Devils play the way they can, they might not need that en to cover.

Good luck

Bet on MyBookie