NJ@NYR opinions

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
I will continue to look for opportunities to bet against the Rangers and their coach Ron Low. This guy is not very bright and does not have the respect of his players. A team like NYR with so many high-profile, big-ego players needs a fascist type-coach to keep them all in line and motivated. Low is not this kind of a coach. He is dull and drab and not forceful. That's my general opinion of the Rangers.

Compound that with the matchup tonight against the desperate Devils: Rangers very thinned out on defence, Messier questionable tonight, Devils very well rested. I'm trying not to like the Devils based solely on the fact that 'they're due', although it it very tempting to do so. Will Brodeur and the Devil's defense continue to stink it up? Maybe, but at least the Devils' offence should be able to pot some goals too....

Leaning toward the Devils and perhaps the over if it moves to 6 (don't like the heavy juice on the OV 5.5)....any thoughts?

Kron

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I am trying to find confirmation of who is in goal for NY tonight. I Agree with you on the NY D. They did little to improve that in the offseason and now have Messier questionable and Ulanov and Purinton suspended. NJ D has let them down, but they are putting up plenty of shots and not enough are going in. AVG 30+ shots per game. NJ had a 20+ game unbeaten streak vs. NYR up until the end of last year, losing the last meeting.

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
I would guess that Richter will start tonight. He's still the Rangers' #1, and Blackburn started the last game vs. Montreal, although the kid has looked sharp and his save % higher than Richter's. Who knows what low will do, it's of course all just speculation at this point.

About the NJ unbeaten streak vs. Rangers you mentioned, half of the more recent games were ties so it may not be a good spot to lay the half goal with the Devs in light of this. Maybe not a good idea anyway given the Devils' bad D and high number of shots allowed so far. Moneyline is a bit steep at 150 to 160. So perhaps the over...still ruminating.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I am going to pass on this game. I think the NJ ML is the right call, but I cannot justify -160 on the road on a team that is 0-3 and giving up as many goals and shots as NJ has been through the first 3.

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
My thoughts exactly SJ...thanks for your input.
smile.gif

Kron

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I have to take off and won't be back on before they start tonight, but I decided to take both away dogs tonight. .

NYI ML +115
DAL ML +145

Small plays on these .5 Unit each. Good luck everyone.

Bet on MyBookie