No Yo Ming

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JediCapper

Forum Member
May 22, 2002
Southern Ohio
Well if you havent heard by now....Yo Ming WILL NOT BE in the NBA Draft next week...which is kind of a bummer because Iam a rockets fan and I thought picking him up would be great to accomidate Steve Francis and Catino Mobley....this just stinks :(

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
From what I've read, right now Ming won't physically be at the draft but the Chinese gov't/basketball association are saying it won't affect his oppurtunity to play in the NBA next season. He has been instructed to practice with the national team instead of attending the draft...not a good sign, but nothing is official yet.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
I also heard that Ming will be eligible for the draft but physically wont be there.
I am glad that the Knicks are not in position to draft Ming.the tape that I have seen of him is that he does not have any upper body strength to fight under the boards.He may be the world's tallest "small forward" in the NBA.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Tenzing

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 14, 2002
Austin, Texas
Yao Ming

Yao Ming

the chinese gov't is gonna pull the old rock 'n roll swindle, they will only let yao sign a contract that guarantess china half of what he makes and forces his nba team to allow him to "return" to china to practice for his chinese team or for the national team. now for the rock 'n roll swindle part, the chinese gov't will constantly invoke that clause and he will never ever see the light of nba day. suckers.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
I think the Shawn Bradley comparisons are very superficial and unwarranted.

At age 21, Bradley (7'6") came into the league at around 235 lbs. Bradley is now around 270 lbs.

Ming, currently 21 is 7'5" and 295 and could easily gain another 20 lbs of weight. If you look at Ming's legs, they are much more powerful than Bradley's ever were.

Ming has also played much more basketball than Bradley who was neither hard working or dedicated to the game. Remember, when Bradley was drafted, he was coming off his Mormon Mission. I doubt he was playing much.

I wish people would see some Ming video clips before generalizing, "oh he's the next Shawn Bradley".

Im not saying he wil be a superstar, but Ming should be much better than Bradley will ever be.

wareagle

World Traveler
Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
MEMPHIS, TN
www.dunavant.com
Ming, Manute Bol, Gheorge Muersean, Sean Bradley...

They are just TOO tall, TOO slow, TOO Skinny, and TOO uncoordinated sp?!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it just me or the taller someone is the smaller their brain is?:confused: