Nolan Dalla.. Detroit -700?

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Sorry but I don't get it... Oh sure, they have very good chances to win this serie, but just not as much as that. What you're saying here is that Detroit could win this serie more than 7 times out of 8? I don't think so... More like 3 times out of 4.

Have you noticed the new Kings "playing style" lately? They focuss on the defense. Thay're ready for the playoffs. A lot more than last year anyway. Whatever some people might think, this team is in better shape with Deadmarsh in and Blake out. One simple reason: locker room athmosphere. Adam Deadmarsh is one of those guys that you want in your team in the playoffs (well in the regular season too but mostly in the playoffs), even if it's just for the postive attitude that he brings to his teammates. He's a great player too, no doubt about it, but the attitude... that's one important thing in the playoffs. On the other side, Blake wasn't bringing anything positive in the locker room in his last days in LA.

Felix Potvin is another factor. He looks like a new man since he's been playing for LA. With a strong D-style in front of him, he should do just ok. LA might be surprising here. Don't forget about that last game between the 2 teams a month ago (LA win 6-3). Also, did you know that if you close your eyes on one game (blowout vs Edmonton), The Kings have been allowing an average of 1.00 g/g at home in their last 10? You heard me: a ridiculous, insignificant goal per game, and this includes a 4-0 shutout over Colorado, actually the only road game where Coloarado were unable to score a single goal this season. More than a coincidence to me..

I think that LA at odds +550 really worths a shot here. If they can "split" the first 2 games in Detroit, it might be extremely dangerous, as the Kings have been playing some awesome hockey at STAPLES in the last run of the regular season. The Wings are unbeaten at home in 2001; but this is not the regular season, it's the playoffs. Forget about the happy streaks. Watch these guys. They won't let the Wings win all their home games that easily.

Some questions regarding goaltending for Detroit too... Osgood struggled all season long, and Manny Legace hasn't proved anything in the playoffs yet.

Well we'll see.. Good luck to you Nolan - even if you don't like that word

Bet on MyBookie