North West Of Ireland Open

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
going in early for Lucquin 1 ew 100/1 (VChandler) winner on Challenge Tour and looks comfortable in that division..time to step up!

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
Going with a couple of Scots who should be able to master links golf.

Barry Hume 50/1 Bet365. 65th in Wales last week and played really well in the Scottish Open where he was 21th.

David Drysdale 29/1 Betfair. 32nd in Wales and 10th in the Scandinavian Masters. Has three top 10s this season.

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
adding 0.5 ew Stedman 100/1 (Coral)..winner on Challenge tour plus 2 x 10th and a 12th...no info on PGA Euro site apart from the fact that he is from Oz...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Outright plays (1 unit):

Andrew Coltart to win 16/1 e.w. @ Five Dimes (.5 units to win & .5 units to finish in top-5), though available generally
Siding with one of the favourites as Coltart has shown glimpses of good form recently, particularly on links courses. He shot 61 en route to winning the Open qualifier at Luffness and finished 37th in the British Open despite playing in the worst of the Saturday weather. No doubting his ability, just a question over his confidence as he plays his first low-ranking event in a number of years.

Adam Mednick to win 33/1 e.w. @ Five Dimes, BetInternet and Surrey
Has shown some good form on the main Tour recently with top-20 finishes in the last two events and had been top-20 after the 1st round of the Dutch Open before a poor 2nd round ended his tournament. Played well on the links at Gullane to finish 3rd in the British Open qualifier and came very close to making the cut in the main event. This will be the 4th year that Mednick has played this event and after decent finishes in 1999 and 2000, he looks likely to secure a higher finish this time around.

Barry Hume to win 50/1 e.w. @ Five Dimes and Bet365
Turned professional last month after some very strong performance on the main Tour as an amateur. Had been in the top-10 for most of the week before finishing 21st in the Scottish Open last month and similarly was one of the early leaders in the British Masters in June and last week in the Wales Open. Has plenty of experience of links golf on the British amateur circuit with high finishes in the Lytham Trophy and St Andrews Links earlier this summer and looks a good prospect for this event if he can keep the nerves under control over the weekend.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Gonna unofficially piggyback your Hume selection.Sounds good to me:)
Wanted to say thanks for having PGA stats up early for us this week.
Appreciate it.--and GOOD LUCK:toast:

Svengali

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
Switzerland
Otto to beat Rojas @ Stan James (9/10) - A case here of one of the Challenge Tours better players meeting one of the main tour's very worst. Otto had a pretty dire start to the season in South Africa but has made good progress on the Challenge tour since then and is coming off a good three week run all in the top 15. He has also made the cut in three of his four appearances with the big boys. Rojas on the other hand has only made three cuts in ten on the main tour and has also missed a cut recently on the Challenge Tour.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Svengali

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
Switzerland
The match bet is a loser. Now I don't want to be bitter or anything............but Otto was going along very nicely at +2 to Rojas' +7 when he came to the 14th, a par 3. I know nothing more than he shot a 9 and walked off the golf course. Ironically he would only have been one behind had he parred in but he obviously wasn't aware of my situation!

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Svengali,
What a sickener!

If he walked off out of disgust and not through injury it shows what I was saying in the golf analysis thread... match bets should be easy with only 2 players... but when lower down the field it means a lot more to you than to them!

I am still haunted by Lanny Wadkins in a US Masters missing about a 4 inch par putt with the back of his putter ( as he approached the hole in disgust ) after just missing a 3 footer for birdie... it meant he tied and my ?50 treble with 2 other winners was a loser.... the worst part was that I had missed it live and just saw it in the 'lowlights' at the end of the tournament

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
North West Ireland - play on the 3rd round has already been suspended once this morning due to strong winds and the forecast for the rest of the day is poor and tomorrow it should be windy and showery. Looking for a player who played well in the poor 1st round conditions and who has shown the patience to win before - shortlist comes to
Rocca
Arruti
Forsbrand
Magnebrandt
At the generally available price of 50/1 have had a bet on Magnebrandt

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Nice job Steved :D

Final update: 2-1; +21.13 units

Coltart 2nd
Mednick 1st
Hume mc

What a result! Matters little that Hume failed to break 80 in either round as Mednick was just extremely impressive in all the conditions facing the golfers this week. He finished five shots ahead of Coltart and Rocco who shared 2nd place. Very nice!

European Tour ytd
Matchups: 29-25; +3.04 units
Outrights: 9-36; +33.93 units

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Nice one Stan...
.... and to you Steved you fiend... I saw the unbelieveable VC 100/1 Lucquin while at work and not in a position to place a bet.... was the first thing I looked at when I got home and as he was only 50/1 I left him alone in disgust... you had obviously snaffled all the 100/1... good job I didn't get on else he would have probably bogied the last to miss the place for you!!

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
Good work Stan and Steved. I added Barham when Drysdale withdrew instead of Mednick or Lucquin who I had considered prior to the event. Hopefully Leonard will win the PGA to make it a good week anyway.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
yes well done Stanley, glad to be 5th in the end for my chap...had low confidence on event so went for what 'experts' (well the bookies) thought..Mednick was 18/1 at Chandlers and 40/1 at Hills on Thursday when first shows came up...Learnt something there, he looked like he was a 35 year old journeyman, so I overlooked...but after showing from Coltart, it was just a matter of different class of event....nearly followed you in, but resisted, spent too much on USPGA...