Northcoast service plays????

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
NorthCoast: 3 1/2* St. Louis...3* T.B....2* Colts

Gold Sheet... 1* Colts, and the Jags...

Probability 4* teaser Bengals to the Colts....

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
This was everything posted by the service so far...

If Steele has a night play, it looks as though it will be a minor (lightly rated) play.....

gl

A1Capper

Forum Member
Jul 15, 1999
whats up with Northcoast anyways? last I heard, they were ice cold for most of the season. I remember they had a good run last year, but this year it doesnt seem that many of the "service players" are touting them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
A1:

I guess it was about 20 years ago, I was foolish enough to purchase the "Executive" service from NorthCoast.... putting the money and faith into Phil Steele cost me over 11k that year (and believe me that was ALOT of money to me then).... It was another hard lesson that I needed at the time....

I could not even tell you what he has really done this year over all. I watch for trends with these guys and have made money over recent years with or against them (like others on this site).

I would agree that it seems that from about week 3 on that he hasn't done well.....

A1Capper

Forum Member
Jul 15, 1999
I can honestly say, that I have not paid for any service picks. Kind of takes away from the sport of it. Not to say that i am not interested to see what they have to say, i do read it when someone posts it.
Everyone has their own thing with this hobby of ours. Some are out to make a bunch of cash, others just like the action, and to some it is a personal challenge to be able to pick winners.
No matter what our motive for doing what we do in this, it is an awful lot of fun!:D

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Raybo, thanks for the anecdote. I'm curious if Steele at least refunded your service fee. He's clearly not going to refund your losses, but if he was legit, I'd think he might refund the fee.

I know that if I paid somebody to mow my lawn, and they just took a dump on my front yard, I wouldn't be too happy.

Best of luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
Chucky:

I received a letter from NorthCoast about a month after the season was over. Steele apologized for the season saying that he was not focused having some "legal problems". I never asked for anything in return, and figured I deserved the outcome...
Before NorthCoast, I remember Ed "the professor" Horowitz. That guy was a real beut... I'm sure some of the guys about my age on this site have some stories about all the old services...

Bottom line is that I have to take responsibility for all my wagering decisions. I put my trust in no one else and blame no one else.... I count on no one else to pay my bills...
I also try to respect the others trying to do well in this endever, and wish the best for them. I hope what I have learned might in some way make it easier for others not to have to learn things the hard way (like I did)...
Thanks for the kind words guys.....rb

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Very noble post, Raybo. Thx for the info.

The unbelievable part is that Steele actually tried to use an excuse like legal problems. If you lose, take it like a man and deal with it.

Best wishes, Raybo. Like you referenced, it's a learning experience. Step #1 is taking responsibility for your own actions. See you down the road, Raybo.