Not going out on a limb, but.....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mr. wizard

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
carrollton, texas, us
This will be my biggest play of the year. I thought my Boise St. vs. SMU game would have topped the charts, but I truly believe OU just manhandles Texas Tech in Lubbock. My first point has to do with coaching. Granted, Mike Leach is a great offensive mind, but there is no way he should have lost the game in Austin last Saturday. With a little more than 2 minutes to go, Tech had the ball inside UT's 15 and the Longhorns had no timeouts left, with TT only down 2. What would have you done? Do three quarterback sneeks, get the ball in the middle of the field, and try a chipshot field goal. Granted, they had been struggling with their kicking game and UT had blocks a few kicks this year, but come on, if you can't make a 25 yarder, you don't deserve to win the game. So what does Leach do, first down, runs it up the middle and UT makes a couple of half hearted efforts to stop the tailback and he scores, giving Texas almost 2 minutes to drive the length of the field. I went back and looked at the tape, did some math, and figured if they used almost the whole time clock, and kicked a fg, UT would have had no more than 30 seconds to try and get in fg range. So, my point being....We all know how strong OU's coaching staff is, and when it gets down to it, there is no way Coach Leach outcoaches Bob Stoops. My second point is, Oklahoma's defense is athletic enough to handle anything Tech throws at them. Just go back and look at the last couple of meetings. OU's defense has also not allowed a touchdown in the last three games. I would be stupid to think that the Sooners will keep Tech out of the endzone Sat., but they will dominate this team. My third reason for backing OU is the health of Symons. Now I'm not coming on here saying he is not starting this game, but he is banged up, and if there is one defense you don't wanna face unhealthy, its the number one d and team in the country. OU's team speed is unmatched in college football right now(LSU is a close second), and Tech's dip and dump passes will not work against this team. Also, since OU has more or less rested its starters the last two games, they stay in this week and put a serious hurting on the Red Raiders. Now I know wr Peoples of OU is doubtful, but that won't matter, they will still score 50+. Like I mentioned earlier, I thought my Boise St pick earlier this year over SMU would have been my top pick of the year, but I'm laying some major units of the Oklahoma Sooners-19.

Prediction:

OU 56
tech 17
;)

MrSports

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
The All American Valley, CT
i totally agree with u. ou will destroy any team in the nation. hell, they will beat the lions, bills, bucs, giants, chargers, steelers no problem. i think the line is a gift. like usc too.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

aldabra

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
tulsa ok
Comments from Lubbock newspaper

Comments from Lubbock newspaper

After that, who can immediately shift gears to Oklahoma?

"We've got to try to clear our minds for this game, and it's going to be tough to do that," Tech quarterback B.J. Symons said. "Right now, especially for the seniors, man, it's really an empty feeling to come away with a loss, especially when we had 'em right there. The win was in our hands." ........................................Kinda sounds like that game was their season to me.....big letdown

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

genosays

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2001
Kansas City
Nice call Mr Wizard ....

Nice call Mr Wizard ....

Rode your coat tails on that one .... should be a decent Big 12 championship game with K-State vs. OU .... be interested to hear your thoughts on that one as things develop.

Topdog

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Houston, Texas
Wizard

Wizard

Good call Craig!! You hit the side and Fletcher hit the Total.

Great work from great cappers. Keep it Positive, Topdog

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg