Note to all Leafs Fans

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
Everyone,

I am sure one Leaf fan on the forum knew that CuJo was not starting. I was wrong in assuming that he would start against a divisional rival. I don't understand Quinn's logic in starting Schwab. Anyways, I always try to find out info on game day for starting goalies and it would have been nice to know that Cujo was on the bench tonight. Please anyone out there let us all know next time when there is pertinent info like this that would benefit all of us.
Looks like most of us did well tonight.

HORNS

Centre Ice

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2000
Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
Quinn is brutal for that, I didn't have a chance to listen to the Fan590 today to here if there was any chance Schwab would start, but you'd certainly think if they were going to rest Cujo it would be vs. Florida, let him play against Buffalo and have a day off before playing NY on Friday.

But this team has a horrible reputation for not showing up for alot of games so your certainly right that when you bet you want Cujo in there, at least he gives you a chance to win.

I just think this team stinks, it's alot of players that have done well in the past but that's the past, but when the playoffs start, if Joseph isn't sensational, their toast.

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
I disagree with you CI on one point only, the LEAFS do not stink. I agree that without Joseph in the playoffs, they wouldn't go too far, but to say that they stink, means that 75% of the teams in the NHL are just plain awful?????
smile.gif

Thanks

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
Thanks for the input guys, the Leafs are a bit of an enigma when it comes to capping them. They are so hard to get a handle on. They struggle some nights against the likes of TB and Florida, then they will turn around and get beat easily by Buffalo. Then maybe next time out they pound Philly or something. Truly a hard team to get a handle on.

GL to all tomorrow night!

HORNS

Centre Ice

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2000
Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
That's the biggest thing HD, you never know if these guy's will show up from one night to another.

I agree Time, maybe stink is to strong. I think they are a middle of the pack team, but not close to contending for the Cup which they keep telling us their trying to do.

I just can't stand this organization, it's just an unbelievably arrogant group who couldn't care less about the fans.
>>Had a chance to bring the best player in the world here (99) and balked.
>>They told Healy by cellphone that he wouldn't be back.
>>They don't dress a healthy Berard 2 weeks before he get's injured, then talk how it was a huge loss of such a big impact player.
>>They make horrible signings. Kristich was a joke.
>>They talk that Blake and Sakic are out of their $$$ reach, then say they were never given a chance to sign them.
>>They sign a guy (Mogilny) who's known to only put out when he's in the last year of his contract to 5 million when Hull's available to anchor a power play that's been horrible since Quinn's been here.

Think Cujo will be back after all the crap this organization has said about him ??
He loves Toronto but I think he'll be with the Blues next year, I don't think this team is close to winning the Cup and I think he realizes that.

Should be quite an interesting off season, I think Cujo holds all the cards, I think this organization has made another mistake by not signing him before the season.

The newspapers will be busy
biggrin.gif

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
CI,

I will say this without getting to much detail, as it is confidential.

Joseph will not be with the leafs next year, PROMISE. I have very good info on this and unless they go very far this year, he will leave.
mad.gif

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
Guys,

I couldn't agree more. With CuJo, if they lose him which it sounds like they will, who are they going to get to replace their MVP? CuJo faces so much rubber and on most nights is left on a island to stand on his head. The Leafs do tend to overpay, Kristich(as you mentioned), Anders Erickson, Mogilny(as you stated) Ledyard a million per year( a couple of years ago)and the list goes on and on. They miss the boat on some great players year in and year out. The only reason why Sundin is getting the money he is getting is because CuJo has back stopped the Leafs to many more playoff rounds that they wouldn't have got to if not for him. Do you think they would have given Sundin 9 mil. per year if they Leafs had missed the playoffs last year which almost did occur? Not a chance. Everyone on the Leafs plays it a little more offensively with the thinking that they have one of the best goalies to stop the endless odd man rushes after a near goal at the other end. At least here in Ottawa we know from the beginning of training camp that they state they can not go out and sign whoever they want, they have to hope they build from within. Thanks for all the comment, this was a good discussion.

HORNS

Bet on MyBookie