notes for tonight

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
Alexander Karpovtsev. The Hawks' shot-blocking defenseman practiced Tuesday and is expected to be in the lineup after missing three games because of a groin injury.

i also thought this was something of note:
Home schooled: Now that the Hawks are back at the United Center, where they have a 9-0-2 record, Sutter believes he can help the team out.

Unlike last year's coach, Alpo Suhonen, Sutter is convinced there's a huge advantage to be had from the home coach's option of making the last line change and last change in defensive pairings.

Suhonen would keep a constant rotation, with the rationale that it enhanced the confidence of the third and fourth lines and the third set of defensemen.

Sutter doesn't see it that way. "I look for every angle," he said. "I look guys in the eye and say, 'This is what we want to do.' If they don't like it, I don't want them around me.

Defenseman Jaroslav Spacek was placed on injured reserve Monday. He broke a finger on his right hand against the Red Wings and will be re-evaluated next week.

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
I definitely think Olzig will be in net for Caps but I can't find if Essesna is in net for Sabres?

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
Frogy-

I do not like the under in the Caps/Sabres game actually looking at playing the over- NDHorns has a pretty good record and he likes the under and I know another guy that is pretty good that likes the under- I definitely like the Caps and might add the over later- If I can confirm that Biron is not in net I will play the over for sure-

Good luck tonight-

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
still looking frogy, i expect kolzig for wash but for buff, well, i am searching....

buf notes......

Sabres defenseman Rhett Warrener wasn't happy with the result, but he was happy to be back on the ice. Tuesday marked Warrener's first game since he partially tore his groin against the Canadiens on Oct. 26. He missed 14 games. "It was good to get back," Warrener said. "In the third period I started to get a little bit tired. But, all in all, I felt pretty good. . . . It's still going to have to heal a little bit. But it didn't hurt at all." Warrener played 20:01 and finished with five shots.
from wash post......
? Probable Goalies: Washington?Olaf Kolzig (9-10-1, 2.80 goals-against average). Buffalo?Bob Essensa (0-3-0 3.19). Of course, take this for what it is worth, sometimes the papers just assume who is in goal...
from wash times.........
? Olie Kolzig is scheduled to start tonight at home against the Buffalo Sabres
Gonchar left the game in the second period with an injury and did not return. Washington lost defensemen left and right and at one point in the third period had only three of six healthy. Gonchar was out, Cote had a cut near his right eye and Ken Klee limped off, leaving Frantisek Kucera, Witt and Rob Zettler.

Fast fact: When they play on back-to-back days, the Sabres are 1-5-0-1 in the second game. All seven of those have been road games.

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 11-28-2001).]

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
really what it comes down to if you like the Caps is will they score at least 4 goals?

I think they can but it might be tough against Biron.......

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
Guys,

Very important:
TSN is reporting that the Oilers are going to have Jussi Markkanen make his NHL debut in goal tonight against the Ducks. He had a 2-2 record in the AHL for Hamilton. GAA 2.26 and save perc. .921.
For more info go to www.tsn.ca and click on the Edm. game tracker under the game preview.

The Washington Post is reporting that Essensa is starting in nets tonight for the Sabres. Kolzig is definitely the starter.

Thibault is in nets tonight for the Hawks. Looks like Skudra is starting for the Canucks.

GL to all tonight!

HORNS

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
thanks horns, sometimes i have trouble finding info for those damn canadian teams. they must use some secret codes or something, eh?

smile.gif
good luck guys!!!!!

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
wigs,

I got the same info as you from the Post, I accidentally posted the fast fact on another topic. Great info you posted on the Hawks, you are very knowledgable in your hockey. Glad I could help by giving everyone the site we all use up here in Canada. eh! what can I say we are Canadian. This is by far the best sport on the forum when it comes to everyone helping one another. Lets keep it up!

GL tonight everyone!

HORNS

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
anaheim info.....

from OC Register

Murray's philosophy of rewarding his goaltenders for good performances made it easy to choose a starter for tonight's game against the Edmonton Oilers.

"It would be a disservice to him not to play him," Murray said of Steve Shields, who was outstanding in making 33 saves in the Ducks' streak-snapping 3-2 victory over the New York Rangers on Sunday

Rucchin and Carney still out, neither skated with the team yesterday. In Rucchin's place, Samuel Pahlsson has moved up as the first line center "Pahlsson's experience and skill level might be more suited to a third-line support role, but the Ducks' needs in Rucchin's absence are for a first-line center. Pahlsson has earned an emergency promotion of sorts, playing between wings Paul Kariya and Mike Leclerc.

He has responded with as many points (9) in the first 23 games of this season as he had in 76 games for the Bruins and Ducks last season and become the team's most dependable faceoff man.

"It's an opportunity for him, and he's taking advantage of it," Murray said. "He can do that for awhile but usually after awhile they (players) play to their level."

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
Horns...
I agree, both teams have had to shake up their lines due to injury, i believe edmonton has put up 6 goals in 4 games since ryan smyth went down(against the hawks i think) i still lean over 4.5(-130) with thse two netminders. 8 of anaheim's last 10 have finished above 4.5 and 5 of the last 6 meetings in '00 and '01 have eclipsed 4.5 goals... granted the last few of anaheim's have been against teams with more O-power right now like NYR and NYI, but hell, Florida hung a 6 spot on em... edmonton has had 3 days off to prepare. so the question is has the rest given some of these makeshift lines a chance to get on the same page and increase their scoring chances?
ed notes........
Since Anaheim became a stop on the NHL circuit back in the 1993-94 season, the Oilers have rolled up a 16-21-2-0 record against the Ducks. They have been outscored 94-104 by Disney's side show and are 5-13-2 in games at the Arrowhead Pond.

A win here is not a slam-dunk, especially if the Oilers can't generate more goals.

With that in mind, MacTavish was still juggling his lines on Tuesday. He had Jochen Hecht on the first line, along with Anson Carter and Mike Comrie, rather than Domenic Pittis, who instead took Hecht's spot on the second line.

"If it's not working, we'll try something else," said MacTavish. "We have to score some goals. We have to get some offence.

"We're playing good solid hockey defensively but we obviously can't win any games if we don't score any goals."

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 11-28-2001).]

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
Since moving into the United Center, the Blackhawks
have a home record of 12-2-1-0 against Vancouver.

Buffalo is 5-3-2 in its last 10 trips to Washington.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
i dont like edm in this spot.
you can show guys how to play a defensive system but you dont show them how to score goals.
This team is looking for its offense i dont thing they will find it tonight,

Someone posted something about first start cnd win % a couple of weeks ago. think when that new guy started for NYR and it was something like 80%. does anyone remember this ?

Bet on MyBookie