Notes on Chiefs and Raiders Game

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

R8RNATION

Forum Member
Oct 2, 2006
Tony G is OUT.

Aaron Brooks may be IN as QB. Walter took a shot at the playcalling and Tom Walsh after the Bronco game yesterday and seeing as how Shell is the one who brought in Walsh, he was not too pleased. I am a DIE hard Raider fan and Aaron Brooks is NOT a good QB but I think he can do more than Walter right now under these conditions. He has mobility and the simple CHANGE may spark this horrid offense.

Both games last year were very very close. I was at the game in Oakland and the Raiders nearly won at the last second while the game in KC ended with the CHIEFS going for the TD to win rather than the FG to tie and we all know how that turned out. Chiefs won 27-23.

Of course you can not compare the Raiders O last year with there offence this year but you also have to take into account there D is much better AND with Gonzales OUT, they will focus a LOT on LJ. They did a great job stuffing the run of Denver so I think they can slow down LJ.

When I factor in Gonzales being out, and how the games are usually close between these two teams, I gotta think the Raiders would want nothing than to hurt the playoff chances of the Chiefs in Arrowhead. If Brooks is made the starter I would jump on the +10. If Walter stays in I would be a little more hesitant.

There is also the question however of who will be the starting QB for KC. Anyone have any updates on that?

Last edited:

amich1

Forum Member
Mar 27, 2003
if brooks is made the starter its time to fade away, he makes terrible decisions & certainly can't be trusted after a 3 month layoff. sorry to say, walter is a better qb

Emersonboozer

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2006
You cant be serious? You are gonna jump on the Raider Bandwagon NOW? not a good time to do so and everyone knows what happened in arrowhead last season and they also will be banking on a close game. I lean towards the Chiefs as the public perception of them will be low this week while the Raiders stock is high. Good luck though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
All I can add is....who knows?

How in the hell did the Broncos not cover against this sorry excuse for a team? No offense to Raider fans, but I've seen Oak play twice this year.

Both were on Monday night and the Raiders scored ZERO points in those 8 QUARTERS. I've never witnessed a more pathetic offense.

R8RNATION

Forum Member
Oct 2, 2006
All I can add is....who knows?

How in the hell did the Broncos not cover against this sorry excuse for a team? No offense to Raider fans, but I've seen Oak play twice this year.

Both were on Monday night and the Raiders scored ZERO points in those 8 QUARTERS. I've never witnessed a more pathetic offense.

Well just feel good that you were not AT both Monday night games. I still find this line to be an interesting one. Too many quesetions right now regarding injuries and starting QBs to make a wager on it.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
This kid Walters has the balls to complain? He is in my top three quarterbacks in the league who stinks and has the brain the size of a pea. Just watch the end of the Raiders game last week. I never saw a quarterback in my life who fumbles in the worst situations then this kid and then he goes off the field like its someone else's fault?. He drops back looks around far to long and then has it stripped time and time again. If he doesn't get it stripped he fumbles the snap. How the Raiders didn't draft Matt Lienart thinking this kid would be something is amazing. I thought id never say this but bringing Brooks in will help more than this kid. He flat out stinks.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BigFatLooza

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2006
I know the kid is only a rookie, but damn, he is the most pathetic QB I have ever seen....I think even Venus Williams would make a better QB.

:shrug:

tulah

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2003
So Cal
I think the kid has potential to be a good QB.
The problem is the OLine blocks like wussy's

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
some things to consider..

.it takes an act of god for oakland to score(3 td`s in last 61 drives)........

trent green is back...

oakland has the number 25 rushing defense...

denver was coming off two back to back high profile games...with san diego as the sandwich...

k.c. may look to get nasty here coming home off a road loss......

sdf

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
Green is in for QB on Sunday. No word yet on the Raiders starter

i'm not sure it will matter. Walter will take the sack or sport goofy will throw the ball backwards. it's a no-win proposition.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

theGibber1

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Dallas TX
I like Oak in this spot.. Oak has covered 4 out of the last 5 weeks. Their Defense is keeping them in games and this is a huge rivalry

ill take the points

Emersonboozer

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2006
I like Oak in this spot.. Oak has covered 4 out of the last 5 weeks. Their Defense is keeping them in games and this is a huge rivalry

ill take the points

What you are stating is exactly why I like the Chiefs this week. Thier stock is low while the Raiders stock is high because theyve kept a few games close. Joe public will be thinking the same thing. the game is in KC and the rivalry is from a fan standpoint not the uninterested Raider players.
I look for KC to win big. Goodluck you are gonna need it if you like the Raiders this weekend.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I think the kid has potential to be a good QB.
The problem is the OLine blocks like wussy's

is this why he keeps fumbling snaps? Look im not gonna defend the raiders O line because it stinks but this kid when he has time will sit in the pocket forever and than get the ball stripped. then he looks around like its someone elses fault.