Notre Dame (Sucker Bet?) I'll bite!

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
Rarely post as life's obligations take precedence.

USC opens at 6 and moves up to 9???? Granted they are tough at home and ND's schedule is questionable, but 9 seems too high. Doesn't it? No other logic in this play than that!

Made a deal with myself, I am going to bite on ND at this number, 525 to win 500 (Friday juice!). If I win I am ready to get back in the game, if not I am retiring and going to concentrate on making money elsewhere!

LUCK OF THE IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace! LBTSDBTS!

"drinky" "drinky" "drinky"

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
It might be just me, but I dont think the bookmakers had any idea SC would get the backing they have.

I think they thought the typical thinking as "ND as a 7 point dog? They played them so tough last year...and SC lost Leinart, Bush and White"

I dont know how this game can not be high scoring, but SC defense is better, and they are at home. The only thing I am fearing is a cover ALA Michigan last week... :jerkit:

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
It seems that the books by raising the number are trying to lure Joe Public such as myself to say this just doesn't seem right. However, I am still snake bitten from the rose bowl as the number seemed too good for texas and I lost my ass by taking sc?

Sometimes in the betting world you just have to have the balls to say, this people who set these line aren't smarter than me and "Show me the money!"

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast
It seems that the books by raising the number are trying to lure Joe Public such as myself to say this just doesn't seem right. However, I am still snake bitten from the rose bowl as the number seemed too good for texas and I lost my ass by taking sc?

Sometimes in the betting world you just have to have the balls to say, this people who set these line aren't smarter than me and "Show me the money!"

i loved nd at +7,not a fan of nd at all,but i do think theyre good,i thought they would be better this year..usc is not as good as last not at all,so their def is solid but the off is nd's strong point..i was going to unload on nd,i think they keep it a 1 score game ....but with all this line movment and it is alot of movment for a game like this and consider that its nd getting more and more points ,its quite puzzling. iwould by a point or 2 and get at at 10.5 and unload but now im rethinking this...what are you guys thinking about this game??...anybody got stats on who the moneys on?..USC is very beatable this year ,add to that nd is just as good on off and coming off major revenge factor and both are playing for a legitamte chance at a nat title game ,should we unload at +10 or what?

The Jinx

TeasersRUs
Forum Member
May 11, 2006
philadelphia pa
anybody got stats on who the moneys on?..QUOTE]

Consensus on ATS
Visitor Wagers Line Home Wagers Line
Notre Dame 112 +9 Southern California 53 -9
Notre Dame 57 +8.5 Southern California 32 -8.5
Notre Dame 8 +7.5 Southern California 11 -7.5
Notre Dame 811 +7 Southern California 618 -7
Consensus Notre Dame 988 Southern California 714

Consensus on Over/Under
Over Wagers Total Under Wagers
429 56.5 250
Consensus 429 250

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

atscapper

Forum Member
Nov 20, 2006
i loved nd at +7,not a fan of nd at all,but i do think theyre good,i thought they would be better this year..usc is not as good as last not at all,so their def is solid but the off is nd's strong point..i was going to unload on nd,i think they keep it a 1 score game ....but with all this line movment and it is alot of movment for a game like this and consider that its nd getting more and more points ,its quite puzzling. iwould by a point or 2 and get at at 10.5 and unload but now im rethinking this...what are you guys thinking about this game??...anybody got stats on who the moneys on?..USC is very beatable this year ,add to that nd is just as good on off and coming off major revenge factor and both are playing for a legitamte chance at a nat title game ,should we unload at +10 or what?

moe I think betting ND is like trying to catch a falling knife. If it was being bet like this prior to kickoff or same day at the least I would say take ND but since it isn't true "public" money, ie. your everyday bettor, moving the line I would stay away. Plenty of other games with less hype and smaller implications to make money on tomorrow IMO.

atscapper

Forum Member
Nov 20, 2006
However good luck to you LBTSDBTS and to you also moe if you choose to bet it. Personally I don't think they can make the total high enough and will be on the total, the Irish defense is a joke but Charlie boy can put points on the board with that NFL playbook of his.

bigfootballfan

Forum Member
Oct 5, 2006
Rarely post as life's obligations take precedence.

USC opens at 6 and moves up to 9???? Granted they are tough at home and ND's schedule is questionable, but 9 seems too high. Doesn't it? No other logic in this play than that!

Made a deal with myself, I am going to bite on ND at this number, 525 to win 500 (Friday juice!). If I win I am ready to get back in the game, if not I am retiring and going to concentrate on making money elsewhere!

LUCK OF THE IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace! LBTSDBTS!

"drinky" "drinky" "drinky"

First of all I wish you GL... but just 1 thing to mention, many people bet against them for the past 2 weeks and what happened? The rest is up to you to decide. GL again! :com:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006

Do you remember when Vince young threw what was an interception which would have basically ended the game but the refs stepped in and called it incomplete? The whole world new it was an interception but the refs didn't. Maybe your not a bad handicapper but you are just being cheated? I wonder this year if Ohio State will have the same refs they had when they upset Miami the year they won the title. Everyone knew that was a bogus call also (in that game)but life goes on. My question is why do all these bogus calls go against the team with all the money bet on them? This ND line is way to high and i wouldnt bet them with money i found on the street. I think you are doing the right thing tho. If you bet ND bet the money line. I don't think there is any way ND covers the spread unless they win the game outright. Best of luck.

Fluidoz

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2001
The Tavern
There are bogus calls in every game. Most of time on both sides. To say it always happens to the team with the most money on there side is just ludicrous

A1Capper

Forum Member
Jul 15, 1999
There are bogus calls in every game. Most of time on both sides. To say it always happens to the team with the most money on there side is just ludicrous

Not so sure about that... And Pete Rose didn't bet on baseball? what makes the Zebra's any different?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
All you have to do is look at last year's Super Bowl and NBA finals to know that things can get fixed.

Every time a commercial comes on with Dywane Wade in it, I get a foul called on me. Last weekend I fouled out and had to leave the living room.

tcon142

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2005
Black Hills
Think of it this way fellas, a majority of the nation does not want to see a rematch of Michigan/Ohio St! If ND wins this would happen (since Michigan beat ND), if USC blows out ND and wins out they will face Ohio St no questions asked? Which is what the BC committee and announcers want to see. Hope I'm wrong!

Reminds me of a Pro game this year, Atlanta/New Orleans on their big game back in the super dome. The Hollywood story came true for everyone and the Falcons got blown out! Just yesterday I heard an announcer talking about pro teams chances to get to the playoffs and the guy said that Atlanta knows they can beat New Orleans! WTF they got blown out on National TV and Vick has been a bum the last 4 games but they feel they can beat New Orleans?? WHY??

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
Maybe this was a sucker bet, but I am going to double down and take ND +3 to make it 14 for another $500 at even money!

I hope Weiss goes for a few more on 4th down. I think ND gets things rolling a minimizes the mistakes, the monentum is gone and ND will win this one!

A1Capper

Forum Member
Jul 15, 1999
Nd was way out matched,,, only reason they may go to rose bowl is because Wisconsin cant,,, they looked almost as awful as Charlie in that hoodie!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
All you have to do is look at last year's Super Bowl and NBA finals to know that things can get fixed.

Every time a commercial comes on with Dywane Wade in it, I get a foul called on me. Last weekend I fouled out and had to leave the living room.

LOL you ever watch James. I cant wait till he is out of the league. He travels more than Jordan. NBA is doing everything they can to make him the poster boy. with James you will get fouled right out of the house

Bet on MyBookie