NYIslanders @ Detroit

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
NYIslanders +0.5 +140
0.5* NYIslanders PK +185

Surprise surprise.. posting a pick in my own thread.

It really kills me when a line moves against me.. now I see PK +210 and +0.5 +155... Anyway I allready bet the Isles getting these odds so there...

Ok.. Detroit is in a class of its own.. we all know that. But when a team is 6-0 on the road ... averaging 4.17 gf vs 1.83 ga per game in the sequence ... being 3rd in the league for both power plays and penalty killing .. having never scored less than 3 goals in a road game this season .. having pushed those same Wings to the limits earlier this season in NY (if you remember, 2 weeks ago, the Wings scored with only 10 sec remaining before beating the Isles in OT) - and that without their captain (Mike Peca), well you have to wonder... how can it be such a heavy road dog? Easy. Your opponent is Detroit. Oh... Yeah of course. Detroit. They're such a powerful team. And I'm not being sarcastic.. they REALLY are powerful. -- BTW... If you like betting futures, don't expect the line for Detroit to be anything better than 4-1 this season -- But what do we have now.. Detroit -240?? Well to coin a phrase, "I don't think so".

On the down side, the OVER is also quite tempting.. How will Osgood react playing against his former team (deja vu), and most importantly, in his former city (first time)? This is a 100% psychological factor and thus very hard to predict. maybe a hedge bet.. I'll keep it this way for now.

Give me the happy fishermen and the half puck and the + money and add half a unit on the money line - thank you very much, and good luck tonight.
smile.gif

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Oh.. almost forgot.. I also have this parlay:

Tampa Bay +0.5 +130 / UNDER 5.0 +110 (+380)

This Tampa Bay team is playing good D-hockey so far and will be visiting the Sabres coming off a 2 days rest.. Buffalo is also coming of a 2-days rest, a good spot for the Road team and the UNDER here based on some recent stats. Another thing.. looks like the Sabres are having some hard time to find the net at home against low-profile D-oriented teams (losses to Columbus (3-1) and Atlanta (2-1) so far..)

Good luck

[This message has been edited by katts (edited 11-02-2001).]

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
good luck, katts, like the plays. great value on side total for tampa also. see that biron is 1-3 lifetime i believe against his bro's team.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
TX Katts for posting.
Like the valu on nyisl but just wont touch the over/under..cose GA for NYisl and on the road on top.

I do like that the 3 last meating went over and the offensive for both team.

Good luck tonight and see you around.

Bet on MyBookie