O/U UTEP TOL OVERRRRRRR 60

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
I prolly need to do a little more research but this game is going to be a shootout in my opinion wow!!! I'm all over this over guys

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
Anyone else like this over, or dislike it for that matter? I really have a strong feeling that both teams are going to throw the ball like crazy!

Last edited:

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
two teams in the country that do not throw the ball nearly as much as people think are toledo and boise. both teams run the ball so well that when they DO throw, the playaction is normally wide open. i dont think youre gonna see toledo throw the ball a lot tomorrow because they should be able to get whatever they want against utep on the ground. but i do think this game will have a lot of points. and this is always a very high scoring bowl. in fact, i cant remember the last time the gmac bowl went under. should be some points regardless, but i wouldnt expect a ton of passing from toledo.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
Yeah UTEP sux on their DLine....but still think Grada whatever his name is will throw the ball a lot....This is his last game and Pro Scouts are looking at him, I'm sure this coach will let him have his fill of throwing in this one....Coaches love their star players and this is one of those situations where the coach will design plays for his star QB! This I'm sure of!

You're right though GMAN they really don't need to throw the ball too much I think, but in this given situation I'm postive they do.

By the way, numbers don't show it but Toledo's pass D sux against Decent teams!!!!

Last edited:

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
he's playing in the hula bowl, so he'll have another game. his resume is already pretty set though. he's gonna get drafted somewhere either late the first day or on day two. it all depends what you think its "a lot" in terms of passing attempts. he'll throw, but it's probably not gonna be more than 25-27 times. toledo is normally a very well balanced team. they rarely get pass-heavy or run-heavy. he'll have his chances to throw. just saying not to expect them to be throwing 30-some times

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
we will see....this will be his last bowl playing for his coach... Cutler was in the same situation with Vandi and threw the ball like crazy....but we will see

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
I almost guarantee he throws the ball over 30 times.....Almond from So Miss threw the ball 32 times tonight.....

Last edited:

zekesbayoumojo

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2005
Florence,SC
i think the over is a good play. uteps defense is ranked 53rd in scoring defense. 73rd against the run(toldeo run offense is 12th). i liked utep in an upset but these numbers dont look good. not to mention toledo is ranked 22nd in total defense.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
socrstud said:
I almost guarantee he throws the ball over 30 times.....Almond from So Miss threw the ball 32 times tonight.....

that would be because southern miss's running game was awful this year. something like 3.2 yards per carry. toledo rushes for 5.4 or 5.5 yards a carry. there's no comparison between the two teams/running games.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
for the record, i do think the game will go over. just dont think its gonna be a pass-fest by any stretch. on the utep side, maybe. but if toledo runs the ball like they are capable, then gradkowski will throw its 27 times or so. but dawson and broussard should have big days.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
gman2 said:
that would be because southern miss's running game was awful this year. something like 3.2 yards per carry. toledo rushes for 5.4 or 5.5 yards a carry. there's no comparison between the two teams/running games.

Looks like they ran it 37 times, which is 5 more times than they threw the ball and that's an ave of 4.4 yards a carry tonight....they still managed to throw 32 times....

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
Taost your right there are better games than this for sure.......maybe place a small play and if all goes well take a HT...thanks for your opinion...

Total D #'s do not show it but Toledo's pass deffense is weak....anyone think UTEP's QB can live up to the hype?

Last edited:

Dayad

Sic 'em
Forum Member
Dec 14, 2005
NM
I just don't like the way UTEP finished the year with two loses. Head says Toledo, heart says UTEP.

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
I agree but I saw Toledo play a horrible bowl last year godawful....I think I may stay away from this side

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

block044

Forum Member
Aug 30, 2005
toledo was horrible last year, but played with big injuries including a broken thumb for gradkowski whick effected every wobbler that he through. he was replaced in that game...that won't happen this year, and toledo will be able to get whatever they want out of the running game...he'll take his shots deep, but i wouldn't be surprised to see this game stay under...90% of the bets are on the over tonight, and the total is down 1-2 points from where it opened...might actually see toledo play keep away, if you can call it that.