Obama Asserts Beijing Infrastructure "Vastly Superior" To Ours

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Keeko

Forum Member
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, August 21, 2008
Posted by: Hugh Hewitt at 6:13 PM

Obama, earlier today:

Everybody's watching what's going on in Beijing right now with the Olympics , Think about the amount of money that China has spent on infrastructure. Their ports, their train systems, their airports are vastly the superior to us now, which means if you are a coporation deciding where to do business you're starting to think, "Beijing looks like a pretty good option."

I suppose so. Provided you don't mind de minimus pollution controls, employing people under Chinese labor conditions, and you don't mind construction standards in the countryside that allow the collapse of thousands of buildings including schools when the earthquake hits, killing tens of thousands.

Obama has said a lot of stupid things recently, but the idea that totalitarian eye-candy engineering proves Beijing is the better than America is near the top of the list.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, August 21, 2008
Posted by: Hugh Hewitt at 6:13 PM

Obama, earlier today:

Everybody's watching what's going on in Beijing right now with the Olympics , Think about the amount of money that China has spent on infrastructure. Their ports, their train systems, their airports are vastly the superior to us now, which means if you are a coporation deciding where to do business you're starting to think, "Beijing looks like a pretty good option."

I suppose so. Provided you don't mind de minimus pollution controls, employing people under Chinese labor conditions, and you don't mind construction standards in the countryside that allow the collapse of thousands of buildings including schools when the earthquake hits, killing tens of thousands.

Obama has said a lot of stupid things recently, but the idea that totalitarian eye-candy engineering proves Beijing is the better than America is near the top of the list.

Gotta link?

But not to some blog that this 'Hugh Hewitt' posts at or owns?

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i can`t believe obama said that.....he couldn`t possibly believe that...

people can`t even breath in china...a large majority of the population lives in abject poverty...

if...i say if!......obama actually said that,then even some of the hardcore bock-backers have to admit that he`s totally clueless...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
i can`t believe obama said that.....he couldn`t possibly believe that...

people can`t even breath in china...a large majority of the population lives in abject poverty...

if...i say if!......obama actually said that,then even some of the hardcore bock-backers have to admit that he`s totally clueless...

There's no f*cking way he, or any other person said that.

This is the shit that people like 'keeko' bring to the forum.

Your tepid rebuke of this retard is cute.

But I will say if by some long-shot chance he actually said it? I'll throw my hands up and sit out this election.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"

But I will say if by some long-shot chance he actually said it? I'll throw my hands up and sit out this election.

i want to believe he didn`t say that...and after a cursory search,i couldn`t find a link other than townhall or hewitt(both conservative).....

it`s possible that the msm just WON`T post it because it`s so stupid and inane....

but,until someone cites a more fair and balanced source,i`m giving him the benefit of the doubt...........

/yes,i know thats mighty white of me...:lol:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
HERE YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I-IvjXnkHwA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I-IvjXnkHwA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks!

Keeko

Forum Member
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago

I accept your apologies by the way.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
wtf is he thinking?....

"Provided you don't mind de minimus pollution controls, employing people under Chinese labor conditions, and you don't mind construction standards in the countryside that allow the collapse of thousands of buildings including schools when the earthquake hits, killing tens of thousands".

and they`re not mentioning that the chinese are only letting people see what they want them to see....it`s a closed society...a good portion of the country is still in the stone ages...

i`m serious...the guy needs to be on a leash....he needs a handler.....

this will be all over the place before next week...i akmost feel bad for the dems...

it`s not to late to nab hillary....that`s what i`d do...or at the very least,bite the bullet and make her and bill co-v.p.`s...

i`m not kiddin`...

Last edited:

Keeko

Forum Member
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
wtf is he thinking?....

"Provided you don't mind de minimus pollution controls, employing people under Chinese labor conditions, and you don't mind construction standards in the countryside that allow the collapse of thousands of buildings including schools when the earthquake hits, killing tens of thousands".

and they`re not mentioning that the chinese are only letting people see what they want them to see....it`s a closed society...a good portion of the country is still in the stone ages...

i`m serious...the guy needs to be on a leash....he needs a handler.....

this will be all over the place before next week...i akmost feel bad for the dems...

it`s not to let to nab hillary....that`s what i`d do...or at the very least,bite the bullet and make her and bill co-v.p.`s...

i`m not kiddin`...

This guy is just speaking exactly what he believes. That's the sad part. the scary part is that alot of people are suppoting this guy.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
wtf is he thinking?....

Huh? He didn't say any of this.

ga_ben

Snarky
Forum Member
Oct 12, 2006
Acworth, GA
"I suppose so. Provided you don't mind de minimus pollution controls, employing people under Chinese labor conditions, and you don't mind construction standards in the countryside that allow the collapse of thousands of buildings including schools when the earthquake hits, killing tens of thousands."

I took it as the writer's response to Obama's statement.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Huh? He didn't say any of this.

no.....this is what the opinion writer from the conservative website was laying out....ga. ben is right..

and truthfully,it`s legit.....we`ve all seen the results of china`s quality control "infrastructure" here in the u.s. in the form of lead in everything and the pet food debacle,just to name a few...

not the smartest comment....

obama`s extremely green(inexperienced...lol)...

hillary should be the nominee...i say that because after beating her like a drum for 6 years on this site,it took an obama to make me realize that the dems(and the rest of us) can do much worse than the clintons....

mclame...bock...clinton.....:banghead: ...if they put a ham sammich on the ballot,i`d pull that lever...

zowie....

Last edited:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
All Obama was saying (OBVIOUSLY) is that we should be investing in infrastructure.

This forum is useless.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
no...... what he "actually said" was that china`s infrastructure is superior to ours...

and that`s a fairy tale...

Some of it is.:shrug: We aren't the best at everything all the time, you know. ...,And he said Bejing, not "all of China".

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Some of it is.:shrug: We aren't the best at everything all the time, you know. ...,And he said Bejing, not "all of China".

excellent parsing......
put a
checkmark_red.gif
in the smurph column....

btw,smurph...i remember you saying a long time ago that you were going to throw down with some dude over something....

well,here`s an excellent primer for ya` in case you find yourself in a bad situation...

take the time...i think you`ll enjoy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWfxrPQG5U&feature=related

bas rutten(pronounced "hutten")...

he`s bad...and he`s pretty funny...