Obama may announce VP in Tuesday A.M.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
My personal jury is still out as to who he will pick. My opinion is that he should look at Biden or Richardson, but think those two would make excellent cabinet members in positions of real importance. Should be an interesting evening/morning...

PAPER: OBAMA MAY ANNOUNCE VP IN AM
Mon Aug 18 2008 17:01:04 ET

The NYT newsroom was buzzing late Monday afternoon after Obama-beat reporter Jeff Zeleny learned how the Dem hopeful has finalized his choice for a running-mate.

Obama has set out an elaborate roll-out to announce his decision that will begin with an early morning e-mail to supporters, perhaps as early as Tuesday, Zeleny has been told.

Developing... all night long

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Also think Dodd would be a strong choice - he could definitely get out and campaign and handle interviews and debates well. He is strong, with strong positions that would balance Obama's pretty well.

Just don't see the value in the first term governor or the Kansas woman governor, just do not add pizzazz or strength to Obama's presumed worry areas. I think any of the first three would help Obama in many important areas. Especially Biden, who is an excellent speaker and debator, as well.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
My personal jury is still out as to who he will pick. My opinion is that he should look at Biden or Richardson, but think those two would make excellent cabinet members in positions of real importance. Should be an interesting evening/morning...

PAPER: OBAMA MAY ANNOUNCE VP IN AM
Mon Aug 18 2008 17:01:04 ET

The NYT newsroom was buzzing late Monday afternoon after Obama-beat reporter Jeff Zeleny learned how the Dem hopeful has finalized his choice for a running-mate.

Obama has set out an elaborate roll-out to announce his decision that will begin with an early morning e-mail to supporters, perhaps as early as Tuesday, Zeleny has been told.

Developing... all night long

Would be my top 2 choices also Chad--Have liked richardson from the go on the hispanic link-
Biden would be best bet to fill in no experience Gap.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
Just read that Obama was in town for a fundraiser (not 5 blocks from my apartment no less) and pulled in 7.4 million bucks... a record for a single fundraiser.

Craziness how much money is involved.

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
I think it'll be Evan Bayh of Indiana, which is currently leaning toward McCain. Bayh on the ticket would probably swing that State to Obama.
IMO, Joe Biden would be wasted in the position of V.P. and better used as Secretary of State.

Just my opinion, but I'm usually right. :yup Then again, I'm probably wrong. What the hell do I know? :nooo:

Spytheweb

Forum Member
Sep 27, 2005
Joe Biden.

BT29256-1.jpg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
smack me and call me nelly....i agree with spy....biden gives bock some foreign policy bonafides(and biden thinks he`s "clean",btw)....

bayh is generally well liked by moderates on both sides of the fence...i`m impressed by bayh`s level headedness, demeanor and cool...just not sure how he`ll fly with the radical fringe left...

richardson looked incredibly stupid during the debates...no substance....all platitudes..i didn`t realize he was such a lightweight....

if obama,(who is currently in the process of turning a slam dunk into a whiff)wants to ENSURE a victory,he bites his tongue and picks shrillary....

but,thankfully,that ain`t happening...

as a guy who`s gonna crawl over broken glass to vote for mccain(and voting for mccain IS like crawling over broken glass for me),i`m hoping bock passes over bayh and biden.......and picks richardson(who`ll get smashed in a debate with any moderately intelligent republican nominee)or kane(why?) or kathy sebelius(sp.? who will even further alienate hillary`s supporters).....

btw...he stumbled around like a drunk in a power outtage at saddleback....the guy needs a teleprompter...he really needs an experienced guy like biden who can talk and think on his feet,or a guy like bayh who has real appeal to many moderates and probably wins him an importnat state...

Last edited:

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
I think it'll be Evan Bayh of Indiana, which is currently leaning toward McCain. Bayh on the ticket would probably swing that State to Obama.
IMO, Joe Biden would be wasted in the position of V.P. and better used as Secretary of State.

Just my opinion, but I'm usually right. :yup Then again, I'm probably wrong. What the hell do I know? :nooo:

I believe the primary concern with Bayh is that, if Obama-Bayh wins, then Indiana's republican governor would select his replacement until a special election could be held. And with Indiana generally leaning red, the special election would likely result in a Republican seat gain in the senate.

Keeko

Forum Member
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
It's gonna be either Cain from Virginia or Sebelius from Kansas. That's what I think.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
Bayh sounds pretty good choice. I see that electoral-vote folks list IN as "barely democratic" alright.

Can't see it Biden there. His ego too big for that post, and Obama's foreign policy resume so slight it would look bad by comparison.

and helping win a wobbly state is about all a VP can materially add to any ticket. You basically just want somebody without skeletons, who won't make gaffes and embarass you.

Reports are McCain's folks vetting top Republican now on how a pro-choice VP would fly. McCain expected to announce his VP June 29, the day after Democratic convention.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Bayh sounds pretty good choice. I see that electoral-vote folks list IN as "barely democratic" alright.

Can't see it Biden there. His ego too big for that post, and Obama's foreign policy resume so slight it would look bad by comparison.

and helping win a wobbly state is about all a VP can materially add to any ticket. You basically just want somebody without skeletons, who won't make gaffes and embarass you.

Reports are McCain's folks vetting top Republican now on how a pro-choice VP would fly. McCain expected to announce his VP June 29, the day after Democratic convention.

i just read on the net that some bloggers are reporting that an e-mail was either mistakenly sent to the wrong people or somehow intercepted from the obama camp that indicated that it`s going to be evan bayh....

should be interesting to find out if this is just b.s. or has merit.....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I believe the primary concern with Bayh is that, if Obama-Bayh wins, then Indiana's republican governor would select his replacement until a special election could be held. And with Indiana generally leaning red, the special election would likely result in a Republican seat gain in the senate.

That's just how sad our current overall political picture is.

Just sad that this type of situation would keep you from choosing the best VP candidate (if Bayh is the best choice).

:nono:

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Bayh does make sense in a lot of ways, and the "moderate" angle has a lot of value at this point. If he picked him, it would be a sound choice, and set up the cabinet. If he followed that up with a quick announcement of Biden as Secretary of State and Richardson as Secretary of the Interior or something like that, and move on to the campaign, I think it would be a great start - tough to overcome for the republicans, a lot of strong experience and balance for Obama, and still those guys are looked at as pretty positive people - to stay on the positivity angle.

Keeko, why would you think it will be Cain or Sebelius? I think both would make things MUCH tougher for Obama to win the election.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Anyone see the E:60 piece on Reggie Love being Obama body man.
They talk about his drunk driving but never mention the passed out drunk "TEABAG" incident at UNC party.

Gee, I wonder why!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg