OH MY GOD!!! THE TOTAL IS 143???????

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
This line is WAY off! Mark my words. . . Arizona/Michigan State will not settle into a half-court, slow-paced game! This total goes WAY over! I will be on this HUGE.

old.goleta.boy

Forum Member
Jan 14, 2001
Goleta, Ca, USA
Beardown

Did't think 143 was indicative was a slow-paced, half-court game. Low 70's seems about right for these teams. Will be watchin this one closely. Gonna take a shot right away on a teaser though. AZ+5/OVR 138

Thanks for your presence around here.

OGB

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
OGB,

Thanks for the response. . . you are correct in that it would not be terribly unusual for the total to be in the 140's, but both teams love to run the floor! Michigan State's per game average seems surprisingly low, but it is due to the Big-10 and the emphasis on defense in that league.

Michigan State scored 69 points against a defensive team like Temple. . . they should get into the 70's with ease against Arizona. Once again, just my opinion of course . . . I know Arizona a lot more than I know Michigan State so I would still like to hear comments on this play.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
He Hate Me,

Please explain why!!! Ole Miss is NOTHING like Michigan State! Ole Miss was horrible on offense and based their entire concept on the defensive end!

Both teams love to run the floor. . . just saying the game will go under does not convince me!

old.goleta.boy

Forum Member
Jan 14, 2001
Goleta, Ca, USA
Got an 8 point teaser down with
AZ+8/AZ Ovr 135/Memphis +5.5

Think the over is the correct play but not for long. I'm seeing 144.5 out there. Both teams want it real bad. Arizona for "Bobbi" and MSU to "repeat". See a lot of action down low and a lot of foul shooting. Best of luck to you BeardownAZ and everybody else!!!

OGB

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

KotysDad

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2001
Bear,

Keep in mind that Michigan State is a poor outside shooting team. They shot exceptionally well against Temple and got alot of points out of Dave Thomas (8-10 FGs).
Notice that Bell and Richarson shot a combined 10-25 from the field which is about right for them. They were fortunate to shoot so well against Temple I think. I also dont think they want to get into a run and gun, shoot-em-up game against Arizona where they might have to rely on hitting perimeter shots on the fly. I honestly think they would prefer to try to pound it inside first. The total seems about right to me. Just my opinion, for what its worth.