Ohio State's Spring game

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Beautiful day at the Horseshoe 68 degrees and the only thing in the blue sky was the Goodyear Blimp. 47000 attended and was able to watch the Ohio State Marching Band @ half time. This game was televised on local TV 10.
Starting QB this fall will be Justin Zwick 6-4 225 rSo. He was one of the most highly touted QBs ever @ Ohio State. Defense dominated; Scarlet team won 13-0.
Remember this name:Tony Pittman Fr. 5-11 190. I thought I was watching Darren Sproles from Kansas St.
The Buckeyes have a very young team but good talent. We shall see. After the game stopped at the Buckeye Sport cafe for a few cool brews and later had some ribs at Dammons. Life is good.
Best Wishes
Devil Dog
" What a different world this would be if people would magnify their blessings the way they do their troubles"
Leo Aikman.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
How much do they charge to attend the spring game? I am amazed at how many people attend. USC had 10,000 but USC charges $25 each and that includes a burger and drink.

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Scott4USC

Scott4USC

Cost was $5.00 and you got a free spring program.
Fall football coming to a stadium near you soon:) .
Best Wishes
Devil Dog

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bigdad2

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2001
NJ, USA
DD - Pittman looked great from everything that I've read and heard from people who went. He could push Ross for the starting job this year. While there may be ?'s at QB the heart and soul of this team the past 3 years has been the Defense. This year will be no different as they did lose a bunch of guys but they are LOADED on the DL and at LB. Same old song in Columbus as if they find a way to score 20+ ppg. they will be a Contender all year. Schedule is in their favor with @NCSt., @Iowa and @Purdue toughest games on the slate. Then, as always, it comes down to the final game of the season...

I also heard that people were scalping tickets. ;)

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Bigdad2

Bigdad2

You are right about the defense being the heart and soul of the Buckeyes; I don't know yet how the loss of Mark Dantonio [DC]
will affect the team:shrug: It will be strange to see him on the other side of the field come Sept. 4 vs the Bearcats as Cincinnati will have a run @ the Conf. USA title[can anyone say Louisville?] and they are going into the Big East next year.
Gosh I love this game.
Best Wishes
Devil Dog

Last edited:

mademan

Forum Member
Aug 5, 2003
BigTen Country
Re: Ohio State's Spring game

Devil Dog said:

Starting QB this fall will be Justin Zwick 6-4 225 rSo.

According to the Tribune Chronicle (Warren, OH) an AP article said that Troy Smith was the frontrunner for the QB job.

Lot's of practices between now and August though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Mademan

Mademan

The Tribune Chronicle has its' sources and I have mine. One thing for certain one of the two probably will.
Best wishes
Devil Dog