OKLA ST./BAYLOR (Last Chance)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

releasedahounds

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2002
Norman, OK
Baylor is once again the bain of the the BIG XII conference, and just like the last 3 years, they are given more credit at home than they deserve...at least for a few games.

I think that this will be the last chance we get to have a soft line on a Baylor team playing at home. Texas was the first, OSU is today.

I personally believe that this phenomenon is a result of the game 2 years ago when a very strong Kansas team went to Waco as only a 6 point favorite and lost straight up to Terry Black and his 40-something points. Biggest bear trap in Big XII history!!!!!

As a friend told me, this Baylor team is nowhere near that Terry Black team, and the only similarity is that they only have one strong player....Though he falls short of Terry Black's athleticism and scoring abililty.

OSU will cover this game with their DEFENSE. Victor Williams is the best man-to-man defender in the conference and will shut down their #1 option the same way he put it on OU's Hollis Price and Mizery's Ricky Paulding (both of whom are considerably better than Baylor's #1).

That being said, the main concern when betting OSU is their scoring ability, or lack thereof. However, this concern should be alleviated by Baylor's defense and the discrepancy in the competition each team has faced. Since hitting the conference schedule, Baylor is giving up 80 ppg. OSU has surrendered an average of just UNDER 60 ppg (including 2 games against the top 5 in the conference in OU and Mizery).

In the end, OSU has too much defense and Baylor is worse than people are admitting. Their home court advantage is not a factor, in conference play anyways, as they are 0-1 this year, and had a losing home record last year with their best home win coming against a Missouri team that tended to sleepwalk last year. As a whole they had about the same record coming into conference last year, then went 4-14 in the XII.

OSU (-4) covers, as Vegas still thinks that they can compete in this league, while the evidence against them is overwhelming.

OSU-69
BAYLOR-58

hounds

Jaycadd

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Waco, Tx
Good analysis and I think that you are all over it. Will be at the game rooting for OSU (as much as it hurts). Good luck!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg