Oklahoma #1 in BCS rankings

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mvp2be

Forum Member
Oct 21, 2002
How the hell did that happen. I think Oklahoma is one of the most overrated teams in college. :shrug:

By the way check out who's ranked third. Notre Dame.:eek:

thekidwhocould

Forum Member
May 24, 2002
oak city
clearly the best defense in the country.
lost only 2 games in 3 seasons
coach is 10 - 1 against top 10 teams
beat 2 top 10 teams by an average of 28.5 points, back to back
...your right, they are over rated:nono:

TCSN

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2002
Re: Oklahoma #1 in BCS rankings

mvp2be said:
How the hell did that happen. I think Oklahoma is one of the most overrated teams in college. :shrug:

By the way check out who's ranked third. Notre Dame.:eek:

Overrated? Are you kidding me, where have you been the past few seasons?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
overrated....lol...just beat #2 and #9 teams convincingly back to back......what do you have to do????

beat Cincinatti and Wisky by 5?....beat Pitt by 8 at home, air force by 7, mich State by 4 at home, mich by 2 at home etc. etc......

Taking margin of victory out of the cpu rankings has killed the BCS IMO......notre dame is not in the same league as Miami, Va Tech, OU, Texas.....

Avalanche

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2002
I agree with you Freeze 100% .... I think margin of victory should be lessened in the formula, not abolished completely. Margin of victory shouldn't be a huge factor, but it should be a factor.

Notre Dame is overrated. We'll see when they play somebody, which happens this weekend.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
When Notre Dame plays somebody? They've had the toughest schedule in the nation.

While there are some things wrong with taking out margin of victory in the computer rankings, what it will do will make teams play a tougher non-conference schedule. Teams like Iowa and North Carolina State have been hurt by playing their weak schedules and teams like Miami, ND, and VT have been rewarded. Had VaTach had their schedule in 2001 this year, they wouldn't be in the Top 8 in the BCS, let alone #4.

I would rather see good games played on the field, which the BCS system seems to be doing.

Got5onIt

MeanGreen
Forum Member
Oct 20, 2002
MeanGreen Nation
Oklahoma overrated???!!!! They have the Best Defense in the country...no questions asked.

Notre Dame has had probably the toughest schedule of the top 5 teams. I had the ND/AF game as a big money play last week on ND. Air force has a 1 dimensional team and FAR less talent.

You want to talk about overrated Air Force is overrated.
People seem to forget Air Force is a SERVICE ACADEMY!! You can't pay top athletes enough to go there. Every year they have to go through tough military training in addition to football training. And once they graduate they are REQUIRED to serve 4-5 years in their respective military branch! If any of the Academies recieve a decent prospect they always seem to drop out and transfer. Their physical standards are very high, but they are military standards! I have some insight since my brother played at Navy and his friend played at Air Force. I will give them credit where credit is due, they are a very well coached team and play with a lot of heart.......that alone gives them a great advantage. But NOTHING will make up for lack of talent, especially in the college game. I'm not bashing AF just speaking reality. :)

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
i disagree.....Notre Dame plays a lot of teams in the #20-40 range.....no real powerhouses.....although the MEAN ranking of these teams may be highest, woudl you rather play a bunch of mediocre teams, or play a horrible team and a great one?

A tough schedule is loaded with top 10 teams.....OU has beaten two top 10 teams while Notre Dame hasn't even played one.....

What is harder -- to be 3-0 after beating Air Force, Micigan State, and Pitt or beating Tulsa, Texas and Iowa State? The former gives a tougher "ranking" but anyone would tell you that the latter was a tougher lineup.......

The whole SOS needs to be reevaluated too........

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg