MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
2 1/2 hours and $150 but I gave them $200.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8-5_eBZ3DHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
my man working that zero..

how did the ditch turn out:0003

they weed eat that bad boy to the nub:0003

decent price and great tip..:0074

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
my man working that zero..

how did the ditch turn out:0003

they weed eat that bad boy to the nub:0003

decent price and great tip..:0074

It's down to the nubs but now I have a grading issue so I won't be able to take my mower over it until that's fixed. I thought he was nuts to use his mower for that. He got it stuck once and had to use a 4 wheeler to pull it out. I thought he messed up the deck on his mower but it was okay. Anyway, just thought I'd show you what's up with that since we talked about it.

:0008

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
What do I use besides roundup to kill all that stuff and stop it from growing back?

What should I do to make it easy to maintain? Any suggestions?

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
What do I use besides roundup to kill all that stuff and stop it from growing back?

What about having somebody spray it with roundup or post (the little spray jugs from Walmart would take too long) then cover with some nice mulch then put in some Kudzu? The Kudzu is green and it would get wild, but it would be more like a thick ground cover u could get through if needed.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
What about having somebody spray it with roundup or post (the little spray jugs from Walmart would take too long) then cover with some nice mulch then put in some Kudzu? The Kudzu is green and it would get wild, but it would be more like a thick ground cover u could get through if needed.

Maybe. I'm definitely looking for suggestions.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
o.k... being we`re involved in a shrubbery thread,i have poison ivy winding it`s way up the trunk of one of the male/female ivy trees we have on the side....

if I wait until it gets cold to get under there and rip it out,is the poison ivy still viable?...

I need to know whether to cover everything when I go out there...I mean,i`ll be covered pretty well because the ivy leaves are sharp as shit but will the p.i. still be alive and something I need to avoid at all costs?

thanks

edit:not ivy I meant holly trees...

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
eating my friend bologna sandwich w/home grown tomatoe..

hold will answer them all

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
o.k... being we`re involved in a shrubbery thread,i have poison ivy winding it`s way up the trunk of one of the male/female ivy trees we have on the side....

if I wait until it gets cold to get under there and rip it out,is the poison ivy still viable?...

I need to know whether to cover everything when I go out there...I mean,i`ll be covered pretty well because the ivy leaves are sharp as shit but will the p.i. still be alive and something I need to avoid at all costs?

thanks

I know this one from experience. U can get horrible cases of poison ivy in the winter off of dormant/brown poison Ivy vines. Cover up completely, and when you are done getting rid of the Ivy, strip off all of your clothes. Try not to expose them to anything in your house (shoes included) except the washing machine. Go right to the shower and bathe with dawn dish detergent. Rinse all of that off thoroughly, then bathe as you normally would.

Alternately, my grandfather used to bathe in diesel fuel to get rid of the oils then wash with lava soap.

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006

the maintenance is all the way you stay on top of killing it ..

let those nubs turn just a little green and grow an inch or so and spray them good..

as you cut each time glance over for green..see green zap it..

this stop is good...the key is the killing ingredient

attachment.php

41% will zap it ass..Roundup and the like have this % of the death in it.

you can try to find a small bottle of pure glyphosate and mix according to instructions..

any of the 41% ers I mix double the called for ounces with a gallon water..

wear some gloves when messing w/this stuff..and spray on a calm day if possible..

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I know this one from experience. U can get horrible cases of poison ivy in the winter off of dormant/brown poison Ivy vines. Cover up completely, and when you are done getting rid of the Ivy, strip off all of your clothes. Try not to expose them to anything in your house (shoes included) except the washing machine. Go right to the shower and bathe with dawn dish detergent. Rinse all of that off thoroughly, then bathe as you normally would.

Alternately, my grandfather used to bathe in diesel fuel to get rid of the oils then wash with lava soap.

o.k... sounds like good advice....much appreciated....

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
o.k... sounds like good advice....much appreciated....

I was hunting one winter (Kickserv be damned) 20 feet up in a big oak tree. Every leaf had fallen, but there was this brown vine behind me wrapped around the tree. I didn't think much about it. The next day, I couldn't open my left eye. I went to the bathroom, and the mirror revealed a gigantic case of horrible poison ivy. It was all over my face, in my eye, in my mouth :facepalm: and nose, all over my arms and hands, and of course on my penis (back when we used to carry a bottle up in the tree to pee in). It was the worst cAse I ever had of poison ivy, and thank goodness for corticosteroids.

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006

thanks

edit:not ivy I meant holly trees...

can you trace the start of the poison ivy..

meaning can you get the killer on the ivy to kill and not on the plants you wish to keep..

if you can get enough of the poison ivy sprayed it will work its way to the roots and in a while kill the whole strand..

Glyphosate-based herbicides all work on the same biochemical principle -- they inhibit a specific enzyme that plants need in order to grow. The specific enzyme is called EPSP synthase. Without that enzyme, plants are unable to produce other proteins essential to growth, so they yellow and die over the course of several days or weeks. A majority of plants use this same enzyme, so almost all plants succumb to Roundup and the like.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
the maintenance is all the way you stay on top of killing it ..

let those nubs turn just a little green and grow an inch or so and spray them good..

as you cut each time glance over for green..see green zap it..

this stop is good...the key is the killing ingredient

attachment.php

41% will zap it ass..Roundup and the like have this % of the death in it.

you can try to find a small bottle of pure glyphosate and mix according to instructions..

any of the 41% ers I mix double the called for ounces with a gallon water..

wear some gloves when messing w/this stuff..and spray on a calm day if possible..
:0008

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
I was hunting one winter (Kickserv be damned) 20 feet up in a big oak tree. Every leaf had fallen, but there was this brown vine behind me wrapped around the tree. I didn't think much about it. The next day, I couldn't open my left eye. I went to the bathroom, and the mirror revealed a gigantic case of horrible poison ivy. It was all over my face, in my eye, in my mouth :facepalm: and nose, all over my arms and hands, and of course on my penis (back when we used to carry a bottle up in the tree to pee in). It was the worst cAse I ever had of poison ivy, and thank goodness for corticosteroids.

BAD STUFF...solid advice ya gave GW..

I crawled in the crap cleaning over grown tree beds about 18 years ago..

BAD STUFF..

last big kill I used gloves and coveralls w/plastic booties and then thru them all away..

then the shower..

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
can you trace the start of the poison ivy..

meaning can you get the killer on the ivy to kill and not on the plants you wish to keep..

if you can get enough of the poison ivy sprayed it will work its way to the roots and in a while kill the whole strand..

Glyphosate-based herbicides all work on the same biochemical principle -- they inhibit a specific enzyme that plants need in order to grow. The specific enzyme is called EPSP synthase. Without that enzyme, plants are unable to produce other proteins essential to growth, so they yellow and die over the course of several days or weeks. A majority of plants use this same enzyme, so almost all plants succumb to Roundup and the like.

I know where it came from...how the hell it ended up under my holly I have no idea.......I trimmed them once this year and noticed some p.I. poking out from the top of one of the trees......looked underneath and wasn`t happy....didn`t think I touched any but I was way wrong......

so,it really doesn`t matter whether I wait till winter or not?......if that`s the case I`ll wait for the first cooler spell and try to do some damage.......

thanks,man....between yourself and josh,we have the yard and home office covered...you`re a solid resource here....I might even say something nice about the broncos this year.....:D

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Old School, will using a blow torch do the trick? One of these suckers that you hook to a propane tank.

shopping

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
Old School, will using a blow torch do the trick? One of these suckers that you hook to a propane tank.

shopping

never used one...the videos to me look like it takes way to long..

you are a couple spray away from complete control ..

and then just paying attention to new growth..

Bet on MyBookie