One and Done

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

McGain

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
boca raton,fl,usa
Record is:36-27-2 (55%)

One firecracker today and that is Indy -3 (-120)

Indy much to physical inside, Kent will not be able to hang for 40 minutes.

I am still not completly sold on Kent as well, let's look at who they beat to get here:

1.Ok. St.(probably shouldn't have even been in the tourney) 2.Alabama (one of the most overrated 2 seeds in history)
3.Pitt. (a solid squad, but not as physical as Indy.)

I feel Indy is their toughest competition to date. Indy is on cloud nine after defeating Goliath, and these kids how to feel like they could win the whole thing.

Kent can't go to the final 4, they just can't. :D

Indy -3 (-120)

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Indiana more physical than Pitt? I know it is subjective, but hard pressed to find any truth in that statement. Indy has some physical players but Pitt's entire rotation were all physical, tough guys. Okie St shouldn't have been in the tournament? Huh?

McGain

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
boca raton,fl,usa
Hoops

Hoops

Maybe I got carried away with saying that Indy is more than physical than Pitt. I guess that point I was trying to make was Pitt does not have a Jefferies on their roster.

As far as Ok. St. they were garbage. They played like junk the last two months of the season(started the season 13-0 vs a bunch of cupcakes, finished 10-8 the rest of the way)

Date Opponent Time/Result
Fri, Nov 16 Cincinnati W 69-62
Sat, Nov 17 Austin Peay W 81-58
Mon, Nov 19 Providence W 83-65
Tue, Nov 20 Siena W 82-64
Wed, Nov 21 TCU W 95-77
Sat, Nov 24 North Texas W 77-58 Oklahoma St
Thu, Nov 29 New Orleans W 95-47
Sat, Dec 1 Wichita St W 61-59
Sat, Dec 8 Jackson St W 90-41
Mon, Dec 17 Northwestern St W 79-44
Wed, Dec 19 at UMKC W 62-50
Sat, Dec 22 at Arkansas W 85-76
Sat, Dec 29 Ball St W 82-70

Cincy is good, but it was the first game of the season. Providence and Ball St. are average, and the rest is crap.

This team had no business in the dance!!!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
yeah who did Okie State beat.....they only beat Cincy, Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech all tournament teams......

not to mention pounding Providence,TCU, Ball State, Arkansas on the road all out of conference......

had a winning Big 12 record -- as we have seen, this conference is not too bad

yes OSU was not playing good ball the last half of the season, but in now way does this qualify them as a nontourney team......

gecko

Senior Lurker
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2001
parts unknown
I think it's a mistake to think Kent won't make it to the Final Four just because it may have seemed unlikely from the outset.

Indy may very well win and cover, but Kent's power ratings are virtually identical AND they have the nation's longest winning streak.

GL

McGain

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
boca raton,fl,usa
Dr. Freeze

Dr. Freeze

With a 10-6 record in the big 12, there is no way the selection commitee could deny them a bid. But, the way they had been playing there was really no hope of them advancing in the tourny, in other words "they had no business in the dance"

Anyway the point I was trying to make is that a far inferior team to both Kent and Indy.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Evil Genius

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Right Here
Pitt may not have had a Jeffries, but they did have Ontario Lett and Zevacas(sp?). Indiana may be bigger than Pitt but I don't think they're tougher.

As Hoops said, Pitt was a team that won games pretty much solely on their toughness. I was at the Cal game and they pretty much beat them up the whole game. It was so bad that Cal just watched about 10 minutes of the second half without getting a bucket.

Good Luck in your play, but my money's on Kent. Should be close though, may not win but hopefully get a cover.