One pick for Friday night...

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
3-1 +3.8 units

I'm absolutely kicking myself in the ass right now. The Tribe was going to be my biggest play of the day but I thought it was a 4:05 PM start for some reason. Just realized the game is going on and, surprise, surprise, the Tribe has already scored and has the sacks juiced. Just an FYI... it might be a good idea to fade the M's anytime Felix is not pitching. The rest of the staff is awful. Only exception might be J-Wash at home. He tends to pitch pretty well at Safeco. Anyway...

Philly (-120 First 5 innings for 2 units) Moyer isn't the same pitcher he was a few years ago but he is still good at keeping hitters off-balance. He doesn't have too much experience facing these Marlins but the only guy with a decent average against him is Olivo (4 for 8). Probably has something to do with Olivo having a lot of experience catching Moyer.

On the other side you have Mitre who gets raked by most opponents. Gotta love the fact that lefties hit .349 against this guy. Hopefully Rollins, Howard, Utley, etc. can take advantage of that.

I also love that the Phils got swept in their first series. I think this is a good bounceback scenario for them. I'm only betting on the first 5 innings because there really aren't many bullpens I trust in MLB anymore, and the Phils certainly isn't one of them. Thinking the Phils jump out on top early in this one.

P.S. Take a good look at C.C. and the Indians over Seattle tomorrow. The only guy who hits C.C. at all is Ichiro, and he destroys him for whatever reason. Other than that they really struggle against him. For the Mariners Jeff Weaver is pitching. Weaver is... well, Weaver. I'd be surprised if he gives up less than 5 runs on his own.

Good luck all...

Last edited:

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Maybe I'm on tilt for missing the play on Cleveland but I'll be taking them in the 2h (2 units) of this game. Ramirez has been awful and he won't be in the game by the time the 5th is over. Once the M's get down Hargrove will only use the rejects from the pen because he doesn't want to use the few good guys on a game that is out of hand. I'm guessing Jake Woods or the rookie Brandon Morrow will be in. On the other hand Byrd is cruising so I don't expect much scoring from the M's in this game.

I'm scratching this play after yet another delay. This is ridiculous. I was basing my play on the fact that Byrd would go at least 7 innings (based on pitch count) but with all these delays they may just pull him after the 5th to save his arm. Having said that I still think taking the Indians in the 2h is the play but there are too many variables to take into account after this delay. Sorry to anyone who may have followed.

Last edited:

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Winner, winner, chicken with parmesan cheese lemon and wine sauce dinner! Note to self though... NEVER bet on Jamie Moyer again. I love the guy but it looks like he's pretty much done. Helluva career though.

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
looking good Quag....I am on marlins myself =( they were hammering Moyer but he pitched beautifu out of that 1st and 3rd jam

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Thanks AP. I actually took the Phils in the first 5 innings so it came in for me. I just don't trust their bullpen. And trust me, as many times as I've gotten screwed by bullpens there's no way I would have been calling this game a winner if I was on the Phils for the whole game. Good luck to you... at this point the Marlins can come back and win it for all I care!

Bet on MyBookie