One to Watch for

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Striker13

Forum Member
Mar 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I thought this horse was retired possibly but I guess he is back on the work tab. Look for this one at the upcoming Del Mar meet as his MSW was unbelievable and he lost by a neck to Sidneys Candy----SAMARDO is the name. No clue what kind of shape this guy will be off the bench as his only race was 7/25/09 and then went to the bench. Here is the current worktab--

6/24--5f 1:00.4 H
6/17--5f 1:01.2 H
6/10--5f 1:02.6 H
6/3--5f 4f 48.8 H
5/28--4f 49.2 H
5/21--3f 36.2 H

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
I looked this race up on Youtube and it even looked like he had some trouble in the stretch where he had to dart out at one point. Very impressive late run.

Striker13

Forum Member
Mar 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Rail draw killed him at the start, then had to go 5-6wide on the turn, had lots of run in the stretch and had to angle out again to get outside a few horses. Another 1/2 furlong and he was the winner and like I said Sidneys Candy was 2nd and the winner Tiny Woods just had a great race that day. But to be off a year something went amiss. Will be interesting to see if they just throw him into a stakes or Alw race and bypass the maiden ranks with this one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sharky17

ICECOLDBEERHERE
Forum Member
Apr 26, 2004
Shores of Lake Huron, Ontario
Why skip the MSW? I'm a firm believer that if you are eligible, beat the ones who have never won before, and then move up....it's A LOT harder to beat a bunch who have found the wire before.

Thanks for the heads up, though. Will keep an eye open.

:toast:

Striker13

Forum Member
Mar 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I obviously do not know if they will skip a MSW but there are numerous reasons. If the connections think a horse is good enough to compete for more money especially become black type then you take advantage at that moment. You can look at the top juvenile on the west coast right now JPs Gusto. They did enter him in a MSW and he had a tough trip and finished 4th I believe, but you could tell he had talent in that race. They put him right into a stakes race next time out and he won. Then he went into a Grade 3 stakes and won also. All this and never has won a msw or been entered in Alw conditions. You also will get a lot better value on that horse if they enter him in a stakes off the bench then a MSW. It will be interesting to see where they spot him.