One.....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
.....that is precisely how many offensive touchdowns that this anemic Iowa State offense has produced when combining 1st quarters stats from all 11 of their games this season, with a total of 35 points scored.

One.....is also the number of offensive touchdowns the Cyclones have produced in their five combined first halves when away from the cozy surroundings of Ames, Iowa this year.

Three.....is the total number of times the Cyclones led at halftime this year, they were able to pull off the feat against N. Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas, all home games.

Certainly not an impressive set of stats for the 'clones. In fact, after scouring over ISU boxscores last night, I have come to the conclusion that this is simply not a good offense or team, and even moreso in the early part of games. Miami-OH isn't exactly a first half team, either, but certainly not as inept as the Cyclones have proven to be this year.

My feeling that Iowa St. is a poor team, coupled with their scoring and yardage tendencies that I uncovered last night, has led me to play the following complementary plays that all make sense to this bettor.

*Remember, these aren't real big plays as I don't typically like to throw this much action out on 1st Q and 1st Half plays, but after really looking hard into these two teams boxscores from the regular season, I felt so inclined to play all four. It's likely that the trends blowup in my face tonight and Iowa St. scores four TD's in the first quarter. If that happens I would be absolutely astonished, but if so I will take it like a man.....albeit a pissed off one! Bottomline: these trends were simply too glaring for me to ignore.

Miami-OH 1st Quarter -1/2 +120
Miami-OH 1st Quarter Under 10 +105
Miami-OH 1st Half -1/2 -110
Miami-OH 1st Half Under 25.5

BTW, I've got lots of ammo to support a large play on the Redhawks for this game and will try to get my big write-up posted before kickoff. It is going to take some time with all the typing, but wanted to get this post up just in case I can't get to it as fully as I would like. However, after posting these smaller plays I think you will probably realize who my big play for the game will be on.....that's if anyone cares. :rolleyes:

IMO, the first Big 12 North division team gets exposed tonight by a much better team from the MAC.

-JC

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
good luck buddy. hope you hit it. i really think miami is the way to go tonight, but i cant touch it due to all the off-the-field stuff. definitely gonna be rooting for you

bombercoops

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
oz
Nice write up J! On the redhawks also and hoping they can get on top early tonight! GL with your plays mate!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg