Opinion?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Stang

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
Rochester, MN
I don't post very often.

Want to gamble, but situations in life changed that.

I've had a very sick mother for over 2 decades, I have, what I thought was a very healthy father. There in there upper 60's. Mom needs dialysis 3 times a week for kidneys (no, I'm not the same blood type, or I would of donated). Problem..

Medical situations (for me) prevent me from doing a lot. I moved away over 2 decades ago from my hometown. Moving dealt with work. Can I still help? Absolutely. But, (big but) My 2 children are here. 19 & 17. It's only 4 hours...away.

Finances wont be an issue.

What do you choose?

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
Do what you can to be with your parents in their time of need or whatever you can do to help if being there can't be done immediately. Your kids should understand and want you to make that choice.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sportsaholic

Jack's Mentor
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2000
Crustacean Nation
My brother and I are in a similar situation, we're providing 24/7 care....Mom is staying home and we wouldn't want it any other way, our kids understand and help as much as they can.....:0008

Stang

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
Rochester, MN
Thank you for the advice. My 1st instinct is to move. My mother is in, an assisted facility. They offer a shuttle service, but my mother is very weak.

This is where my father comes in, his responsible for transport back and forth from dialysis or any other appt. Thing is, he says its difficult for him to pick her up (literally). She's 100 lbs soaking wet.

I believe my choice is pretty clear, just wanted other peoples opinion, especially if they've been in this situation.

Good news is my hometown is Rochester, MN. Which everyone should know that town. Mayo Clinic.