Opportunity

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
Aug 18

San Fran @ Denver

This game is no longer a preseason game!!!

This will be a standing room only game in Denver. RB Terrell Davis will retire Monday. I have not heard yet, but there is a chance he will address the crowd at halftime.

He will be the last one out of the tunnel when they announce the players.

The stadium will be a volcano.

the players will treat it like a playoff game. The crowd will treat it like the Super Bowl.

Last week against the Bears, DEN defense blitzed constantly. They will play with incredible intensity. The fans will be crazy.

I fully expect SF HC mariucci to hide QB Garcia in the lockerroom. There is no way that he will let Garcia get hurt. The 49ers will get steamrolled early.

Redfish

Forum Member
Aug 3, 2002
El Dora, Fla
4bubba

Gotta agree with you on your logic, I've pretty made up my mind to take Den especially when reviewing each others stats so far this preseason. Steve M. obviously dosen't care much about PS, have to repect him for that. GL

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
Re: Opportunity

4bubba said:
Last week against the Bears, DEN defense blitzed constantly

I agree with everything else that you've said. But the reason that the Broncos blitzed so much was in response to the Bears bringing all 3 LBs on Griese on the third play of the game. I don't expect Mariucci to do the same.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
Aug 18

Denver

TD bids farewell
Running back says his body left him no choice

By Lynn DeBruin, News Staff Writer
August 17, 2002

An otherwise meaningless preseason game will instead be a Mile High farewell for Terrell Davis, who will walk through the south stands tunnel one final time Monday night.

On Tuesday, the Denver Broncos will place him on injured reserve, thus ending his season and most likely his career.

"It's the hardest decision I had to make but obviously the decision was made for me. My body made it," Davis told the Rocky Mountain News Saturday night.

On Monday night, Davis will be the last one to walk through the tunnel at Invesco Field at Mile High or pre-game introductions.

He'll deliver one last Mile High Salute to the fans who meant so much for him.

Davis said he intends to walk in uniform through the players' tunnel at Invesco Field at Mile High for the final time Monday night, when the Broncos play the San Francisco 49ers. Barring a medical miracle to help his degenerative knees, he won't play again.

Though Monday's contest is nothing more than a preseason game, it will carry emotional significance as Davis' walk into the sunset.

Davis asked to be placed on injured reserve Tuesday, allowing him to give Broncos' fans one final mile-high salute for the support they have shown him.

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
Aug 18

San Fran

This article was before Den RB Davis retiring :

Mariucci going the cautious route with his starters

Kevin Lynch Sunday, August 18, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it, the magical third exhibition game, when teams play their starters into the second half, and fans get a true glimpse into the regular season.

Right?

Wrong, not for the 49ers at least. Coach Steve Mariucci said his starters will possibly play into the second quarter before mass substitutions occur.

"In a perfect world, you would like to have the third preseason game be like a regular game week. We don't have that," Mariucci lamented.

Because of a chopped-up exhibition schedule, the 49ers don't have a full week to simulate a regular-season routine. Consequently, Mariucci will use two games (Monday night's affair in Denver and Saturday night's game in Oakland) for the starters to get their work.

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
Aug 19

Denver

T.D.'s last stand
Broncos back to hit end zone final time tonight, then retire

By Lynn DeBruin, Rocky Mountain News
August 19, 2002

Terrell Davis remembered the thundering chants, the victory lap and the way John Elway got to say goodbye 3 ? years ago.

And he wanted an opportunity to do the same - even if his farewell salute will come much earlier than planned.

"I'm really excited that he gets this opportunity to do this," veteran tight end Shannon Sharpe said Sunday. "In the history of the game, nobody ever retired, then got the opportunity to receive one final send-off.

"But it's fitting. It's right. I hope the stadium is jampacked because when you think of the Broncos, you think of John Elway. But if John Elway is 1-A, Terrell Davis is 1-B."

Tonight, though, Invesco Field will belong to T.D.

"I think he'll get emotional because when you run out that tunnel and people are clapping for you . . . after this, there's no more clapping," Sharpe said. "There's no more 75,000 fans cheering your name. No more 150-yard games. No more 2,000-yard seasons.

"This is it.

"He has a right to get emotional. Everybody gets goose bumps. Everybody feels that adrenaline rush before the game. This is going to be the rush of all rushes."

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Great posts Bubba.

Looking at the Under also as a solid play. I think SF will have a difficult time scoring especially after the fist quarter. Good Luck!