Oregon-13 Fh

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

NIEM36

Child Please
Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
chicago
I like it, Oregon had taken their foot off the gas every game so far before the half. I think. The starters will play the whole game, and it will be balls out. I also like the over.

Any thoughts:shrug:

bigboto

on probation
Nov 29, 2009
I like it too...and that's a bad thing considering how my day is going..

:facepalm:

greggraffin

Progressing
Forum Member
Feb 23, 2005
oregon has covered every fh this year and failed to cover any game spreadbc they rest starters 2nd half

but this game, they win by 3 tds plus

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
register-guard oregon beat reporter..

There was a time, just a couple years ago, when you expected Oregon and Arizona to play dramatic, back-and-forth hootenannies epitomized by the 2009 double-overtime thriller in Tucson.

Lately, though, that storyline hasn't held up. The Ducks ran all over the Wildcats a year ago, their second straight convincing win. The 2008 game in Autzen Stadium was a barn burner, and like that one Oregon is planning a blackout under the lights this week. But a similarly dramatic outcome would surprise me.

Arizona has adjusted remarkably well to the new systems of head coach Rich Rodriguez and his staff, in no small part due to the exploits of quarterback Matt Scott. But for as good a win as beating Oklahoma State was, the Ducks will just be a different kind of test for a team that needs to restock its talent base over the next couple years.

Once Saturday's game kicks off ...

I'm interested to see ?. how Arizona's defense holds up in the second half. I'm not alone in the belief the Wildcats won't have the depth to keep up with the Ducks in the latter stages of the game. I'm expecting it to be close ? perhaps 24-21, or so ? midway through the third quarter, at which point Oregon will begin to pull away against a game, but fatigued, Arizona defense.

I'm interested to see ? how the UO defense contends with Matt Scott. There won't be many secrets in this one, when either team has the ball. Scott is a mature veteran, but about as inexperienced as a fifth-year senior can be. How will he react to a defense that figures to be able to anticipate pretty much his every move?

I'm interested to see ? what happens if this game is close, and comes down to a field goal. Say both offenses get rolling and neither wears down, and it's 50-49 or something late in the fourth quarter. Who has the advantage with the game on the line, needing a field goal to win? Oregon, which has had one field-goal attempt miss and another blocked, in two attempts this season? Or Arizona, whose senior kicker John Bonano is just 4-of-7 this year, with misses of 24, 25 and 25 yards?

I'm interested to see ? how De'Anthony Thomas responds to the spotlight now shining on him. He's a humble guy, but the cover of Sports Illustrated and, in some circles, favorite status in the Heisman race are a lot to handle. Will he try to do too much, dangerous for a player prone to fumbles? Or will he rise to the occasion, and provide even more brilliance than we've seen already this season?

Bottom line, like I said above, I expect this one to be close in the third quarter, but for Oregon to pull away.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg