Outback Bowl

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Joe De

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2002
Over 46'.....i think both teams open up the passing game today..

optional play: tease

Iowa+10 and over 40'

Iowa has the better stats overall....but Florida has the advantage of homefield..gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Joe De

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2002
I've already played W.Virginia early.

but going back to review another supporting play because of players out on W.Virginia side.

do you have any info on the player situation?

i'm running a little slow this morning.

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
The Dominion Post

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The major difference between the West Virginia University team that was pummeled, 34-7, by Maryland in the third game of the season and the team that won its final seven games and took down a share of the Big East Conference champion ship was the deep threat provided by Chris Henry.

Now, two days before the kickoff for the rematch with Maryland in the Gator Bowl, that deep threat is in doubt as Henry is suffering from back spasms.

While the coaching staff doesn't believe it will keep him from being there for Thursday's 12:30 p.m. kickoff, Henry's practicing was limited Monday and is expected to be again today and Wednesday.

Henry had been bothered by the back spasms since the team resumed practice after the regular season.

"We thought three or four days off over Christmas would help," said coach Rich Rodriguez said, "but it has flared up again."

A sophomore who sat out the 2002 as a nonqualifier, Henry did not start until the Miami game. He was still able to win Big East Offensive Rookie of the Year honors by catching 38 passes, averaging 25.3 yards a catch and scoring 10 touchdowns.

If Henry can't play, or is limited, his place will be taken by Aaron Neal, a senior wide receiver who has spent much of his two years at WVU in Rodriguez's doghouse.

"Neal's had a really good two weeks of practice," wide receivers coach Steve Bird said. "The game plan seems to favor him."

Neal has only seven catches this year, just one since the season's second game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg