Packers @ Raiders

taxi driver

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2000
Biloxi MS USA
Packers @ Raiders

After dropping their pre-season opener at Cleveland, Mike Sherman's crew responded with a sound Monday Night victory at home over the Broncos despite multiple injuries.

They came back with another win last week at home over the Dolphins. Mark this: The Pack could very well be back. But for this week's purposes, I'm going to fade them playing cautiously on the Road.

Farve's elbow seems to be 100% and word is he's looking better than ever on the heels of his virtual lifetime contract with the Packers. After two nice wins vs. two sound teams, the feeling here is that Sherman has seen all he needs to see.

With the intra-division, new-attitude, west coast offense Lions on Deck in their opener, the Pack will look to escape injury on the Road against a Raider team off of a Monday Night embarrassment and most assuredly a severe butt chewing at the hands of Gruden.

The Raiders have lost two straight including the afforementioned, and are now at home. Gruden is a solid pre-season coach and will want to get the focus back in this last pre-season game prior to their opener on the road in a division game vs. Vermeil's Chiefs.

I'll look for some hard hitting in this game and a general sense of urgency on the part of the Raiders. Could get ugly for the Pack and they won't even care. Just get us home healthy for our opener against Detriot...

2* Oakland -4 over Green Bay

dave XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(Please no soliticing or advertising)

[This message has been edited by Investment Executive (edited 08-30-2001).]

pepin46

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2000
miami, fl.
taxi

oakland's performance so far has been just short of sick. sure, they handled dallas at home, but that is about it. the lack of tds is very evident.

gb looking to break out of their pattern of mediocrity, has looked good so far, and i look for them to make a game of this one as well, push it over and maybe even win it. we will see.

pep

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
We will see. One thing Gruden does want to win. G B will use 3rd QB second half as reported tonight sports news.

taxi driver

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2000
Biloxi MS USA
My bad I.E., I do my write ups on wordsoft and paste them at 7 different forums. I delete my url at the forums where they are not permitted...been busy...been tired...my apologies...dave

Bet on MyBookie