Paging Wayne and kickserv....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Wondering if you have any thoughts on tonights Aussy Open Quarterfinals. I know Roddick hasn't exactly shown much in big matches like this, but I have been impressed with his new game -15 lbs, or so. The serve is every bit as deadly and his defense and baseline work has been much improved. Very few unforced errors, when I've viewed his last two matches. I just can't help but think he has turned the corner here. Djokovic has certainly shown some kinks in the armour and his offseason moves have been questioned by many. Linesmakers installing Djok at only -200 personally says alot to me. It was bet up majorly (as expected), but has recently come back towards Roddick. Am I crazy, here? I know you should bet with history and not against it, but I can't deny the upgrade in game I've seen in the last several Roddick matches. Really respect both of your opinions in tennis punting and just thought I'd get your respective views, if possible.

Thanks,

-JC

BleedDodgerBlue

Admin
Forum Member
Feb 12, 2004
los angeles
neither of those guys.......but if you want my opinion

andy has always been a bit of a pussy mentally on the court. not necessarily a quitter, but he came up in the wrong time. devastating serve, but doesn't have the consistency of ground shots to rally with the likes of federer and nadal and they know how to play him. rally with him and eventually andy will hit it wide long or into the net. i hate how he constantly claps for other peoples good shots against him. wtf...man up and get mentally tough. grit a win out....get dirty....do something if you are the face of american tennis.

with that said, i thought the line opened low as well considering andy rarely wins a big match. against a quality opponent. i think the weather is a factor. say what you want about andy, but he's always been well conditioned. he justgrew up into his own as federers american bitch. andy won't quit, and like you said with the weight loss, it will help in the brutal heat.

i wouldn't put money on andy in a big spot, but i won't back against him either like i thought i might tonight.

watching his press conference yesterday, he seemed real loose which will definitely help. i think he's been too tight in bag matches before, especially before federer matches where he knows he has no shot. it's almost like hes resigned to the ah fck it mentality.....let's not get to worked up about it and whatever happens happens.

certainly not going to bet it, but if you pull the trigger on him gl to u.

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Sh*t, I'm an idiot. Just now double checked your thread, Wayne. Very happy to see you are in agreeance with me. Let's get this one!

Still would appreciate some kickserv thoughts....at your convenience, of course. If Wayne and kick agree, then the whole forum needs to know, IMO.

-JC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
BDB, appreciate the opinion. Don't want to discredit anyone. I've lurked long enough to know you are a fine 'capper in your own right. Still not sure whether to pull the trigger, but definitely inticed to plunk down the action on Roddick. Another thing I really like, which actually has no bearing, but it's about karma. Brad Gilbert's prior jealous comments about Roddick's weight loss and how it might backfire due to loss in serve MPH.....really would like to see him eat crow on national TV. Perhaps a better coach?? Just sayin.....

-JC

WayneWonder

Forum Member
May 17, 2005
Wilmington, DE
FWIW...

Djokovic dismissed fears leg and foot soreness would be a factor.

"I had trouble with blisters this couple of the matches here in the Australian Open because it's a big heat and I've changed a little the shoes," he said.

WayneWonder

Forum Member
May 17, 2005
Wilmington, DE
If Wayne and kick agree, then the whole forum needs to know, IMO.

-JC

Careful what you wish for...
Originally posted 01-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Alright Mr. Kick

You and Wayne on Ivanovic

that's enough for me

I'm in....SMALL because I gotta save for boxing Friday

Good luck to us....

Here she is sunbathing in a bikini

:sadwave:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
OK, Wayne.....I get it. As long as I don't post a picture of Roddick in a bikini, we've got ourselves a winner. :mj07:

Where's kick?

Doesn't matter, he would root for any MJ'er anyway. Those Canadians, gotta luv 'em.

-JC

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Anyone watching this?? Roddick just called for some kid to take a racquet to the stringers (specifically requesting a guy named "Roman") and have them set it at 61 tension. This sh*t is getting serious.....and very technical. :shrug:

Come on Roddick.....Match of your life (with 61 tension). :SIB

-JC

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Still anyone watching the drama? I hope all of you on Roddick had two sets complete books. I see a possible retire out of Djok. He is weazy for sure! Perhaps he'll re-evaluate his offseason in the upcoming year. Lookin' good! :SIB

-JC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
As predicted.....:toast: Nice hit, fellas! Seriously hope nobody gets screwed on the full match complete sh*t. There was simply no amount of "fuel" water or amino acid goo that could wipe away that "Djok" of an offseason! Damn that one felt so sweet!

-JC

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Sorry JC...I am winning of late but not posting....been off to bad start of the year. Don't want to jinx myself. But last night did very well...but if I post I'll lose...sorry superstition is a bitch:mj07:

Hint.....Serena will lose in the quarters

But I didn't post that:mj07:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Quarter Finals

Verdasco at +155 and Kuznetsova at +230

but again...I am not posting that:142smilie

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
i think serena got saved

she got to rest while they closed the roof due to the heat rule, kuznetsova had the momentum

it was like a 20 minute break

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Hey kick,

Thanks for "not posting" those two tennis doggies. 1 out of 2 = profit, and you should have had them both. Can't believe Kuz couldn't get to the line when serving for the match in set 2. Oh well, Verdasco was ultra-impressive against the powerful Tsonga.

Any early "hints" on any of the semi-finals men's or women's? Another Fed-Nadal rematch inevitable? Your thoughts and contributions much appreciated.

-JC

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Well ummm....I have been on fire since "not posting":142smilie

And I got screwed with the Serena match...but we won't get into that:mad:

This is a HUGE NON POST......

I am NOT posting this semi final parlay.......

Elena Dementieva
Vera Zvonareva