Paintball Folks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
If there are any...my son wants a paintball gun for his birthday, a group of his friends get together every once in a while and play against each other, and he never goes since he doesn't have a gun. Any ideas about what to get - reasonable price - decent quality, etc? I'm guessing this is more of a fad for him than anything and will quickly pass, but it might be something the family might want to do, too. I've always thought it would be fun.

He's 14, and fairly responsible with things.

Thanks for any ideas.

77sticks

Forum Member
Dec 8, 2005
I use to play in paintball tournaments about 6 years ago so I am really not sure what guns are around.

I really enjoy the autocockers.
And you can never go wrong with a Spyder. They are very reliable. Seen them really abused and still work fine.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

justin22g

WAR EAGLE!
Forum Member
Sep 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
you can start him off with a gun from wal mart and see how it goes from there... They are not that nice though and tear up easy.

I NEVER play anymore but I have a tippman model 98 that took a lot of abuse.

a lot of my friends had the spyder as well... very nice gun.

Make sure you purchase a good mask as well... A cheap one will fall off when you get hit in the face... not good!

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Thanks, guys. My wife and he did some checking and a couple friends chimed in on Saturday and they got a nice package from Amazon with everything he'll need. Not top of the line and pretty highly rated - at a great price.

Best of all, I wasn't involved, so if it sucks or he gets hurt, I'm in the clear...:SIB