paul williams

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chill

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2005
odds are too high to bet, but watch paul williams put a show on tonight. He should easily handle quintana who is not bad himself.

Williams is the only man who can stop Pretty Boy Floyd. His length, speed and workout will give Mayweather fits.

He needs to gain more name recognition for the fight to ever happen though.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
odds are too high to bet, but watch paul williams put a show on tonight. He should easily handle quintana who is not bad himself.

Williams is the only man who can stop Pretty Boy Floyd. His length, speed and workout will give Mayweather fits.
He needs to gain more name recognition for the fight to ever happen though.

I'm not so sure he could stop floyd but agree 100% w/the rest of the statement. I've been saying for a yr now that floyd will NEVER take the fight. Williams is all wrong for him.

I took -800 tonight. Unless he is completely weight drained as some have speculated, I see Quintana giving him no trouble. I expect PW to dominate enroute to about an 8th rd stoppage.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
82 inch reach?......klitschko has an 81 inch reach....

one thing about him,though...he didn`t look like he used his reach very well vs margarito(granted,margarito`s not a shorty)....he basically fought him inside and sort of beat margaito at his own game.....

i read that williams likes fighting inside...i wonder why,with that incredible reach?.....

could come back to haunt him down the road...

he is impressive,though...not a good fight for floyd,who it can be argued is not a big welterweight...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Would have no shot against Mayweateher. I don't care how long his arms are. To sloppy. Margarito was as sloppy as him why Williams beat him. Nice chin but so many openings mayweather would just eat him up.

Chill

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2005
Would have no shot against Mayweateher. I don't care how long his arms are. To sloppy. Margarito was as sloppy as him why Williams beat him. Nice chin but so many openings mayweather would just eat him up.

I see that now

he had no answer for quintana's movement. His jab was useless. :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I see that now

he had no answer for quintana's movement. His jab was useless. :shrug:

Seems like he is wide open all the time. Margarito isn't anything either. I know Weasel loves him. He hits hard but has a lot of holes. Williams didn't beat Maragrito that bad. If i remember it was really close. Margarito and Cotto would be a nice match.

Chill

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2005
williams won most of the early rounds against margarito, and margarito closed strong to win most of the last rounds. i think it was a 2 or 3 piont win on all the cards.

id like to see cotto margarito also.

i think margarito knocks out cintron coming up for him next and cotto should do the same against gomez

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Seems like he is wide open all the time. Margarito isn't anything either. I know Weasel loves him. He hits hard but has a lot of holes. Williams didn't beat Maragrito that bad. If i remember it was really close. Margarito and Cotto would be a nice match.

no...i had williams vs margarito....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg