Penn/Princeton Thoughts???? (Box & 1?)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

releasedahounds

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2002
Norman, OK
I am really wanting to pull the trigger on Penn here, but wanted to run it past the board first to see if anyone had any info or thoughts on this one.

Princeton is the same quirky team the have always been and on occasion have been a good value against the rhythm teams that are not familiar with them. That being said, they are not as talented as they have been in the last few years.

Penn does NOT fall into the category of teams that are unfamiliar with Princeton, and may have them figured out (see holding them to 38 and 48 points last 2 contests). Anyways, Penn is the best team in that league, and Princeton is still the most nationally recognized. I like Penn to make a statement and cover the points.

The line looks like a lure for the public to take better-known Princeton, and I think with the other side you get the much better team and the home court.

Penn -8 (1 unit)

Any help guys???? Box and One, you are an Ivy guy right?????

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Release --

I like Penn here too.

This is a big rivalry, Penn will not come out flat for this game.

IMO the line here is to take advantage of the public perception that these Ivy contests are always close games decided by a last minute shot.

The reality is that 20 of the 28 of these P-P matchups have been decided by 10+.

This same Penn team swept much the same Princeton team last year by 16 and 24.

Penn is 6-1 this year at The Palestra.

Penn is the play.

gl

- Jon

releasedahounds

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2002
Norman, OK
Jon-

Great to hear you are on the same side. I always enjoy, and frequently follow your plays and analysis, especially with the East Coast teams.

Thanks again for the reply and good luck tonight!

thehounds

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
IMO...Penn is a vastly superior team, they have played some tough teams and have fared well. Princeton is pretty young so this may hurt them tonight. Personally I have Penn winning and covering but only by 10 so I am passing.

2muchchalk

Late Night
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2002
nj
Thanks for putting this post up.
It was one of those deals i liked penn too much. I needed some talking back into. I think penn is a strong play here. Great point about line leaning toward more known team.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg