Personal Attacks ...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

alienx

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Tampa FL USA
It happens time after time. We see personal attacks on people that are just posting their pick or simply sharing their opinion. I was shocked to see yesterdays crap was started by Fletcher. A very well respected capper here. For last couple years I have followed his picks and respected his opinion. There was nothing to respect about what I saw yesterday. I think anyone posting here at Madjacks knows the rules. TSP has not mentioned anything about his service until Fletch brought it up. And DR Freeze or what ever his name is keeps it going.
So what if he thinks that was easy money. Are we suppossed to ask permission from freeze to post what we think?
Same shit went on for Irih's Computer picks. He has added such a value to this forum. I haven't seen him trying to sell anything but yet got shit from alot of people before everyone else tried to convince him to stay.
Just wanted to vent.
I have no intentions of disrespecting anybody on the forum. As I thought this subject belongs in general forum I didn't want to respond to the post I have mentioned yesterday. hope this is the right area.

alienx

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Tampa FL USA
--------------------
dr freeze said :

Everyone Join now!!!!!! Dr. Freeze is hot!!!! Dr. Freeze won with tonights game!!!! Go to Dr.freeze.com to get on his bandwagon and join him as he bankrupts the books!!!!! Dr. Freeze is the most feared name in Curaco!!!!! He is an amazing 18-25-1 this year!!!! If you fade him, you will make money!!!! But tonight, if you went with him, you won!!!!! He is hot, and if tonights trend keeps it up, he will not lose another game all year!!!!!! 1-800-dr.freeze gets you his stone cold, lock of the year for FREE!!! And if Dr. Freeze does not win you money with his 100% guaranteed play, the rest of the season is for only half the price!!!!! The most FEARED name in Curaco......Dr. Freeze!!!!!

----------------
comedy. Did the guy mention anything about a tout service? What you said would have been funny if he did. As it is now, it doesn't qualify for a criticism of actions. What action are you critizing?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
don't be shocked by me,he came on for a reason,he is all over the net,if he wanted to add usefull info with out pimping his site he would not use that user name,i know what his mo is,been around this for along time,if he wants to post with out pimping his site change the name there are a few good touts on here that post and you would never have a clue who they are because they dont use site name,belive what you want i know i am right and he tried to play stupid about it,i live in this world so i know when someone is doing something for a reason or most of the time,why do you think he even started that thread to let you know his free play was on that game.i do this 90 hours aweek i know who is who for the most part and why they are doing something.
and he was told about 4 months ago to change the name by jack and all he did was drop the .com

[This message has been edited by fletcher (edited 10-30-2001).]

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
hope that makes my post funny....
smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

alienx

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Tampa FL USA
I think what I was trying to say has been already put in words by loophole. Maybe I couldn't clearify:

Originally posted by loophole:
lately many have become obsessed with bashing those identified as touts. the funny thing is most would be amazed at the number of regular posters who work for sports services or have done so in the past. it used to be acceptable if they came here without self promotion or solicitation to share information and thoughts with the forum. evidently that is not so anymore. surely everyone here knows that if a tout comes here to advertise or provoke jack will quickly show them the door. its a shame the rest can't just leave it at that.

the funny thing is that many who take on the tone and mannerisms one expects of a tout are anything but. they are just individuals with self image and ego issues that feel a need to be noticed and are unable to do so with their sports expertise. we have some old regulars with acerbic and satirical wit (with emphasis on wit) who used to serve the group purpose by calling on these posters to check their egos and vacuousness at the door. now these persons are vilified, as chest-thumping has become the personal characteristic of preference in these parts. other old timers gamely try to carry on the tradition of civility but their posts are usually quickly buried by an avalanche of vitriole.

whats further disheartening to me is that, after a poor start, i've finally turned things around with a couple of good weeks but have no desire or motivation to post up my work given the current atmosphere prevalent in the forum. i had even entertained the idea of going to vegas superbowl weekend but if i want to watch a fistfight i'll just go downtown to the local biker bar where my clients hang out. all i can say is the books must be rejoicing over the disintegration of commom purpose here, not to mention the quality cappers/people that have disappeared from these pages. anyone seen greg, y2k or a host of other knowledgeable people around these parts lately? why do i think all this crap going on here has something to do with it?

I hope to contribute to this forum as I have benefited many times. Since my picks aren't so hot I will stick to asking questions and pointing out small things here and there. In hopes of helping someone.
I might not now the details of someones background in purticular. I am not close with Jack, haven't been at the last superbowl party( will be there this year if this little streak I'm on extendends a little), and I apprieciate Fletcher trying to fill us on. Still don't like the style. Everybody intelligient enough to type this URL can decide what is going on when they see it. MJ usualy does this very professionally. (MJ, what happened to the webmaster girl you mentioned long time ago? )

Fletch, you were probably right as the TSP has vanished to nowhere. Not questioning you but the guy haven't done any touting in his post. Donno if he has done it in the past.

DR. You are still not funny. Maybe annoying but not funny. Try to form more then a sentence next time.