PGA Tour 2008

JimmyTime

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2007
Which golfers do you expect to have a breakout year this upcoming season. Multiple wins or first time winners. Zach Johnson and Stricker were last years surprises, curious to hear everyones opinion.

abc

on probation
Dec 30, 2006
Well i was all over Snedeker this past year. Theres a few guys i think should do well. One I really like is Duval, I'll wait and see who does well in Q school. I also like Jason Day and Anthony Kim to get his first win

JimmyTime

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2007
I agree that Kim and Day are the next big time players on the tour. Kim is likely to win at least once on his second go around on tour courses. Day has set some lofty goals that include keeping pace with Tiger's career, that means winning twice in his rookie year. We'll see if he has that winning mentality. He probably should have won more Nationwide tour events in my opinion. I also am rooting for a Duval comeback. His wife's tough pregnancy set him back as he was playing well in the beginning of the year. He stated last week that his goal for '08 is the Ryder Cup. This is what I like to hear from DD. He's not saying his goal is to win because he knows he's going to win. Wouldn't that be something to see him, Tiger and Phil go at it again at Augusta. I also think Vijay is going to win a number of times and there may be some value early on as his form was poor towards the end of last year. And as always I will be backing Fredrik Jacobson to get his first PGA Tour title. It's going to happen eventually! Right?

abc

on probation
Dec 30, 2006
Ok here are my picks for first time winners next year :scared

Ryan Moore
Pat Perez
Anthony Kim
Bubba Watson
Roland Thatcher or Nick Flanigan

Would have to go through the names to see who else I like. Anyway I just turned the coverage on, its going to be interesting to see who chokes and who makes it. I got a bad feeling 2 gloves gainey misses :nono:

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie