Picks for 9/17

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
UCLA -6.5

Last week on these boards I explained how UCLA would easily cover against Rice. My post spoke of UCLA's huge talent edge; of how Bruinland was a bit pizzed-off after two sub par seasons; and of how the Bruins were itching to slam somebody. They did that to Rice. Well, I don't think they got it out of their system.

What this means is that the Bruins are not done. They are on a new roll, in the third year of HC Dorrell's tenure, when good things are supposed to happen. In handicapping, the worst thing one can do is to bet against a winning streak.

Seven is a big number, its true. But if UCLA is an up-and-coming top 25 hopeful on the improve, I think you have to give them every benefit of the doubt.

Oklahoma has already proven to be leaking oil, and they only played TCU and Tulsa.

To quote a line from Full Metal Jacket, "Son, why don't you come on board for the big win?"

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
JCDunkDogs

I think I forgot to congratulate you on the nice call with UCLA over Rice. I was a loser on that one. :(

I agree UCLA gets the benefit of the doubt. @home, 2-0 w/back to back blowouts, OU 1-1 against average opponents @OU.

UCLA looks like a machine but against SDSU and Rice. I am not going to jump on the UCLA bandwagon yet. Win this game and UCLA is for real. I don't care what OU does for the season or how good/bad they are. This is a big game for UCLA and I have yet to see Dorrell win a big OOC game.

Whats up with USC selling out their game against ARKANSAS and UCLA not against OU? How many tix sold at OU/UCLA game? 50-70k? I am bit shocked over that. I thought more fans would go to UCLA game against OU. I guess die hard CFB fans go to both! :)

Oklahoma has already proven to be leaking oil, and they only played TCU and Tulsa.

:lol:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
Thanks, ST.

Scott,

Don't thank me, maestro. I haven't made you a penny. (Like you have made me via these pages in the last two years. ;) ).

Note Bene: The Bruin players will be so jacked-up on the sidelines that Dorrell won't notice Bob Stoops is prowling the other sideline.

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
AZ St. has a pass first mentality. Last year, NW gave up about 30 pts per game. This game looks like a scoring fest.

Michigan St. turned the ball over six times last year vs. ND. They are itching to make amends. Meanwhile, the Irish beat Pitt (ho-hum) and Michigan (horrible game by Chad Henne). I'm grabbing the points.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

johnnyb.

Authentic
Forum Member
Mar 3, 2002
O.C.
www.johnnybhaircarecom
man i am so fired up (habenero), i can't stay still... ucla is going to demolish the sooners... stoops talks like he can out-tough us tomorrow, he is going to get a REAL a** kicking. put the chin strap on coach, we are coming for ya...

back to capping:
if you find a prop bet offering drew olson passing yards, take the over on 200+ yards.
hope you don't mind jc, didn't mean to take your thread over...

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
No apologies necessary, johnnyb.

Handicapping 101: Don't expect a bad team to do a good thing for you.

How is a leaking OU squad going to crack an egg in the Rose Bowl against a jacked-up Bruin team? To borrow a phrase from horse racing, the Bruins might be "any kind of horse."

By contrast, OU is a proven mediocrity.

Go Dorrell.

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
Nice call with Drew Olson, johnnyb.

I think I saw the stat on screen: Drew tossed it 28 of 38 for 318 yds and 3 TDs.

I'm not adding any plays. I still like AZ St./Northwestern to go over the number. That should be a real shoot out.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg