Pirates...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

LineMovin

Forum Member
Dec 17, 2011
EVERYONE on this site loves the Pirates to get past the Cards. They are a very scrappy and seem to be a team of destiny. They have a lot of momentum and a crowd behind them, but the Cards are good too! Are the Pirates just the hot team with the better value? Pirates backers please let me know bc I'm leaning to put some on them as well, but I know the Cards are tough to bet against.

thx in advance.

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
Posted this in different thread.

just bet my buddy that cardinals don't win it all. he said without a doubt the Cardinals win the NL.. He honestly was going to bet me straight upm giving me the remaining 4 teams....I couldn't do it. had to atleast make it right and give him odds......

I have also seen a lot of others loving this cardinal team...
I disagree here
wainwright is a stud....no doubt about it.

after that I really don't like any of their starters in a big game.

lots of people say Shelby miller is the next big thing.

I think he could be, but the key to that concept is "NEXT"....right now he isn't. he rarely makes it past the 6th inning, often times has very long innings because of that obviously, and oftens times can be vulnerable to the long ball.

then you look at their end of bullpen, and see Mujica who was dominant all year....but, now he flat out stinks...terrible the last month of the season....that takes a huge arm away from this team that already will have to depend on their bullpen almost everygame that isn't featuring Wainwright....

all that, and the biggest issue I have with this team isn't even discussed yet...

NO ALLEN CRAIG
wow is all I can say about this young man. What a fuckin clutch hitter. Look up his stats with runners in scoring position if anyone isn't familiar with this guy. absolutle allstar, and I think future hall of famer in the making....this kid is amazing with a piece of wood in his hands.....but, he is DOUBTFUL for the NLDS, and very likely the NLCS if they make it.
That takes their biggest and most important bat out of the lineup. This is a very streaky hitting team, and if they are in a streak in which runs are at a premium, losing this guy and the way he generates runs will absolutely be a killer.

matt carpenter has without a doubt been the next best thing to craig. what if he has a bad series? Who do you turn to next? Beltran is still solid, but after him...Matt Adams? Descalso? Jon Jay?

I think this is the best organization, and if they have all their wheels on the track, I think no one stops the cardinal train, but I think they are heading into these playoffs in the spot they would not like to be in as far as personnel.

now, the cardinals are not a team to give a shit. I still think they come in with the same mentality and same winning mindset they normally would with everyone healthy....I just don't think it is their year.

honestly, who is going to match the dodgers top 3 staff???

Kershaw

Greinke

Ryu

even if you do hit some, and say score 4 runs off of any one of them, well you still need to stop:

A-gon

Puig

Hanley

Either

Crawford

Ellis

Dodgers I think got lucky that kemp cant go. This team is in a groove, and absolutely have a good vibe....throw in a Diva, and perhaps he goes 0-10 to start the series....well, that can very quickly change the energy level in a fanbase/clubhouse.

If the pirates win at home vs. cinci, they will get STlouis.

We have owned them this year....and our staff is good enough to hang with anyone. I still love our bullpen as well. if cinci wins, they have the bats to get to wainright Game 1, and if they win that one, they may just sweep em...

anyways, sorry just wanting to get some conversation going....typed on my phone so if any of it is jumbled, my apologies ahead of time.

GO BUCCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg