Pittsburgh @ Miami -- Thursday

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Evil Genius

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Right Here
Don't usually post my plays, but I really like this one. This game falls into my WTF cagefory, as in What the FARK are they thinking? I've had two other of these this year, ND@AFU & ND@FSU. Both big winners.

Give me Pittsburgh +20.5 HUGE! (15 units)

If it gets to 21+ by tomorrow look out below.

I would consider taking Pittsburgh at anything above 10, the other 10 pts are just a gift.

Here's why.....

1. Pitt's defense is very very solid, enough to keep it close.

2. Miami is tough at home straight up, but is struggling at home ats this year. Only 1-2 ats. FSU 28-27 minus 13.5; UCONN 48-14 minus 44; & BC 38-6 minus 26. The only home cover coming against BC by 6 points. No line against Florida A&M.

3. Pitt is solid on the road this year. 3-1 su and 2-2 ats. However, the only su loss is against ND, and if you watched this game, you know Pitt dominated the whole damn game. They held the ball forever, but couldn't score. Won su at Vtech as 12 pt dog, missed the cover by .5 at ND, waxed syracuse 48-24 as 2.5 pt dog, and struggled at UAB early in the year winning 26-20 as an 8 pt fav. So they missed covering by .5 @ND and by 2 @UAB. Two and a half pts away from 4-0 ats on the road, not too shabby.

4. Miami is only 1-5 as a double digit dog ats. The only cover coming against BC at home. Didn't cover: @Rutgers 40; @WVU 19.5; FSU 13.5; UCONN 44; @Temple 38.

This is just my opinion, but what the hell do I know?

Last edited:

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
the line should tell you the play imo.
public really loves that fact that a top 25 team is GETTING THREE TOUCHDOWNS.
i gotta bring it up again. this is eerily similar to last year when miami, as the exact same point in the season, was at home laying 23 points to #22 washington. public loved the top 25 team getting a boatload of points. and miami proceeded to embarrass them.

im not one to predict scores, because its foolish and an inexact science to say the least- but i think miami wins this one with a rough guesstimate score of 36-10.

Evil Genius

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Right Here
I just don't think Miami is the dominating team they were last year. They are still the best team in the country, don't get me wrong, just not dominating. The biggest problem with this team compared to last year, in my opinion, is in their secondary. Last year, Miami had one of the best secondary's ever. This year, they aren't just shutting down teams defensively. I know they're biggest problem is against the run, but alot of that is because the secondary isn't as strong in giving run support. Not as many studs this year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
im on record as saying that i dont think miami is the best team in the country either. ive believed that all year. but this is one spot where i think miami is going to rout pittsburgh. i dont even think this is going to be remotely close. im not saying miami is going to win by 50. im just saying i think miami will kill pittsburgh's will to win very early. we'll see. gl man

Howie's Hot

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland Oh
I agree Genius. I think Pitt keeps this one close at least until the end. Miami was 24-23 with WV late in the third before scoring a couple of late TD's to make it look like the game wasn't that close...but it was. A back door cover is also very possible in this one if Miami gets a bigger lead. They have National Championship on there mind..

I don't think Rutherford gets the credit he deserves and going for a conference championship will have him fired up. Looking to get on Pitt in the first half to but don't have a line yet...

How

GL

:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gocanes

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2002
Pittsburgh PA
LONGHORN....... Palko is still there....hasn't seen the field since the idiotic quick kick on 3rd down vs VT.......harris wasted his redshirt. he has a habit of doing that on a yearly basis. lots of grumblings from the players concerning it! at the beginning of the year......all the talk in pgh was that Palko was the savior for Pitt football....and initially rutherford was very ineffective...in fact.....in the first half against A&M....Rod's only passes were out patterns to the sideline.....he was lofting balls that were getting tipped then picked off...palko came in the 2nd quarter of that game(like walt said he would in the papers), didnt really do anything....then in the 2nd half of that game rutherford really looked different...and has improved since then.....so palko is still there....but walt finally realized not to mess w what was working(unlike last year when he went to that terrible no huddle offense), or this year when fitzgerald wasnt even a starter for the first few games...or the fact that harris all year had been switching his starting tailback on a weekly basis, when everyone saw that miree was the most talented out of him, kirkley and furman..... i think walt harris can do wonders with the qb's.....but i think his play calling and game approach is lacking considerably. i like the 'canes giving the points..... but luckily..... ive managed to make numerous bets with other pitt students on this game....STRAIGHT UP!!!!!! one kid is actually GIVING me the canes+2.5...... pitt has been outscored in this series the last 5 years something like 46-10..... or something very close to that. Good luck on all your bets tonight( as long as it's for miami!!!)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Daydreaming

Forum Member
Nov 16, 1999
Concrete jungle
Go canes is right on and I agree with everything he says except..

Go canes is right on and I agree with everything he says except..

Miami covering.. Don't think it happens by any means!