Pittsburgh @ New Jersey

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
New Jersey has the bad habit to "take it easy" when it looks, in fact, too easy. Leading 3-1 in the series, I don't expect them to come that strong tonight in their own arena - it looks like they're better on the road anyways - especially in the playoffs. So I really like Pittsburgh +250 here, considering the fact that they are one of the best road teams in the NHL (they've actually been playing much better on the road so far in the playoffs).

A nice trend also:

Pittsburgh is 4-2-1 su in New Jersey since last year and 5-1-1 ATS.

Note that in all these 4 wins Pittsburgh scored a minimum of 4 goals. The draw is a 4-4 draw. Having nothing to lose anymore, the Pens might want to play some good ol' offense-hockey in what could be their last game this season (and last game for Jagr in a Pittsburgh jersey) and the Devils might not be prepared for that. But don't dream; New Jersey won't let the Pens tie the series at 3. I predict a win (well at least chances are better then 28.5% IMO) from the Pens tonight in NJ and the Devils finish it in Pittsburgh.

So here's what I'm playing:

Pittsburgh PICK +250
S/T Parlay Pits +250 / OVER 5.0 -130 (+520)

both for half a unit.

Good luck tonight

CrazyHorse

giveit2 21
Forum Member
Nov 29, 2000
Atlanta GA
Katts,

Do you worry with Colorado finishing up their series last night will create a little sense of urgency with NJ? I agree with your analysis 100% as I have lost on NJ when they had a chance to put someone away early(Carolina) and did not. I am leaning towards Pittsburgh tonight but I do worry that with Colorado already resting, NJ may have more of a sense of urgency than usual to finish this thing tonite, too. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please reply. Thanks!

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
CrazyHorse - sorry for the late answer.. step-father (A very good 'friend' of mine and, of course, my mother's lover - a real love story) had a heart surgery today and looks like it didn't do quite well - nobody answers wherever I call... I'm ready to hear the worst. I'm worrying a lot more for my mother however.. If the guy is dead right now at least he didn't suffer - my mother will...

Anyways I'll take a minute and answer to your reply here. Ok I see that it's allready 1-0 NJ.. won't help me to explain... But yes, I think that you have an angle here, but I usually try to not consider what happens in the other series as you can fall in the trap of puting too much weight on these kind of angles. Are they more in a hurry? Probably. But technically, each series is independant from one to another. Another thing, the Devils will have a 3-days if they win tonight (SC Final would start on next Saturday) while they'd have a 4 days rest if the finish it in Pittsburgh (SC Final would then begin on next Tuesday). So I don't think they really care about the "fatigue" factor. Besides, if Colorado sits for too long, it can be dangerous.. well look what happened with St-Louis.

Anyway I think (and I hope) that the focuss for the Devils is on Pittsburgh right now, not on the Avalanche. Step by step... If there's something, this angle can even be in favor of Pittsburgh this time as if you remember, Toronto swept Ottawa in 4 games in round 1 and the Devils (allready knowing their next opponents) didn't react that well losing 2 in a row to the Hurricanes..

Good luck

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
katts.
I sincerely hope that all news will be positive for you and your family.
Be assure that you will have a place in my prayers tonight.

A bient?t.

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Thanks Frogy for the thoughts
smile.gif

I just had a call from my mother.. the operation took over 5 hours and at a certain moment they thought they were losing him.. But the surgeons did an awesome job and now everything is done, and he is going well
smile.gif

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
I'd like to thank you all again for the kind words.

What seemed to be a succesful heart operation turned into all kinds of complications.

He was in the coma for the last 3 weeks and the family & doctors finally decided that it was silly to keep him alive.

He passed the way yesterday (Thursday, June 14th) at 5:30 pm.

Th guy was a great hockey fan, used to work as a reporter somewehere in the late 60s (covered LHJMQ). Among others, he was a good friend of Martin Brodeur's father. Don't want to say too much about him since you don't know him, but I can tell you that he was the heck of a guy and I have nothing but respect and admiration for him.

We're all gonna miss you my friend..

Noel Gauthier
Dec 17th 1938 - June 14th 2001
R.I.P.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
I'm sorry for you Katts.
I like to think that people we admire never really die unless you want them to.
This might not help but my prayers are going to you; take care my friend and see you around.

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
Sorry to hear that katts. Sincere wishes for you and your mother's (and all who are involved) emotional well being after such a tragedy. Take care.

------------------
-Tex

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
Katts,

My condolences also. My thoughts are with you. Try and be strong. Cherish all the great times you had with your dad for the rest of your life.

I feel your hurt today.

kcwolf

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
Deepest sympathies from me and, I'm sure, all your family here at MJs katts.
Like KC said, cherish the great times you had and the fact that he made the world a good place to be
cool.gif

Bet on MyBookie